Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

installing latest Sleepyhead
I just want to be sure I get this right.
I have been using an older sleepyhead for my Adapt ASV, Thursday I pickup my new
ResMed ASV. I will need to use the new Sleepyhead.
I read on the Sleepyhead download page that I need to uninstall the older version before installing the new one.
Presumably I will be able to reload all my old data from the Sleepyhead backup, is that right??

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
You always back up data you don't want to lose, just in case.

Please organize your SleeyHead screenshots like this.
I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the uninstall refers the 1.0.0.0-Beta-1 version before upgrading to the version 2.  I have both versions 0.9.8.1-Testing and 1.0.0.0-Beta-2 on my computer without any problems.  I just use different directories for both the program and the data.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply

Your data resides in your documents/sleepyhead directory, so even when the program is uninstalled, it does not remove the data. The data has to be converted to work with the newer version. I think the install process will take care of this. Either way, the data on your SD card will still import, and each machine will be given its own data set.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all....I will continue with confidence... Smile Smile 

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Backup your data folder before you upgrade just in case it gets hosed by the new version.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

(01-26-2017, 08:35 AM)AlanE Wrote: Backup your data folder before you upgrade just in case it gets hosed by the new version.

I have backed up all data....feel like a real techie now.... like like

Thanks, the new SH works great on the Mac, will try the Windows version tomorrow...

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest ResScan wont run on latest win 10 Bushbasher 16 831 07-26-2017, 08:57 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Installing ResScan 5.6 over previous version kepSleep 1 460 08-31-2016, 06:55 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Invalid SD card after installing ResMed Software dry2015 13 2,446 07-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Sleepyhead Beta 2 not installing on Windows 7 FrankNichols 4 696 05-05-2016, 08:46 AM
Last Post: tmoody
  Latest Beta problems DariaVader 15 1,691 03-20-2016, 02:18 PM
Last Post: pupcamper
  Installing SleepyHead fractalice 11 2,614 02-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Last Post: archangle
  compatable software for latest resmed ASV stephen D 1 829 01-01-2016, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Asjb