Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

intro/hoping to use wife's cpap temporarily
intro/hoping to use wife's cpap temporarily
Hi all - this is my first post here. I've used CPAP for about 15 years and cannot sleep lying down without it. My machine seems to have been destroyed in a lightning storm last week (I wasn't attached at the time), so I'm attempting to set up my wife's machine for myself until I can get a replacement. She isn't using hers lately despite my remonstrations.

I've poked around the board a bit and I'm astounded at the levels of expertise and generosity here. I'm very glad to be here.

Next up after getting her machine adjusted for me: I hear there's software I can use to analyze usage!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: intro/hoping to use wife's cpap temporarily
The software most people here use is called SleepyHead, and if you have a Windows computer, you can use ResMed's ResScan software. Both will read the SD card in your S9, but I'm not sure about the older machine you list in your profile. There is a link to the SleepyHead softwae at the top of the page; I'm sure someone will chime in with the ResScan link.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just found a pdf "clinical guide" to the ResMed S9 AutoSet and Elite and H5i humidifier at the ResMed website!
Post Reply Post Reply
Clinician manual for the Elite -- check CPAP Setup Manuals at the top of page above the ribbon

ResScan: Check Private Files and Links -- visible to registered members only.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, that's a bummer. I should remember to unplug my machine during thunderstorms (I do my computer, after all).

The clinical manual is pretty clear, but if you need any help, PM me. Smile I have an S9 Auto, but the access is similar.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am amazed at people who do not use relatively inexpensive surge protectors to protect their electronic health devices, but will almost always use one with a computer. Now might be a good time to re-think your setup.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting to note the first thing my therapist told me 16 years ago was to always unplug it when not using it. I wondered why at the time. I was surprised in the manual for my new Apex cpaps it says to unplug it also.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may be able to swap your SD card to your wife's machine so your data stays continuous.
Hopefully it hasn't been fried by the lightning bolt.

I use the Sleepyhead program and download to my laptop every two or three days, it never occurred to me that it is also a good way to keep a data back up in case of something similar to your experience.. at most I would lose only the two or three nights worth.

Though difficult to get at, I think I will start unplugging my Dreamstation each morning now too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum fredflintstone! Glad you found us. Good advice about getting a surge protector. Think I am overdue doing this myself. Best of luck and keep us posted!

APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 271 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 13 1,014 01-06-2024, 03:57 PM
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
  Some advice with aperia and intro cpap kit ifsmithy 2 310 12-18-2023, 12:42 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Treatment thread for robbob2112 wife - need help robbob2112 7 496 11-11-2023, 10:06 AM
  [Treatment] ivorpetkov (my wife) - Therapy Thread ivorpetkov 17 1,099 11-09-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: ivorpetkov
  My Wife's Therapy Thread mawaw1992 2 379 10-04-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.