Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Has anyone has seasonal apneas??
Here is a new one.

For over the past twenty years I have had what I believed to be Chronic Fatigue and it was seasonal, it happened in the spring and fall and I was fine summer and winters.

It seemed I traded my hay fever for Chronic Fatigue, I used to have such attacks spring and fall.

BUT at this time with my problems with apneas I have having all the symptoms of my Chronic Fatigue illness.

I am inclined to think I had sleep apneas all along BUT for the seasonal aspect of my earlier problems.

So anyone else had seasonal apneas??
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Has anyone has seasonal apneas??
racprops, not sure about seasonal apnea's but my AHI's are higher in summer and lower in winter, my sleep is also more disturbed in warmer the weather.
I have read that so many things can affect our sleep and then obviously our apnea's, things like temperature, humidity and even phases of the moon.
I would think that your past 20 years of chronic fatigue is definetly associated with your SA as they still don't know what causes chronic fatigue or other illness's like Fibromyalgia.
Post Reply Post Reply
What Tez said. So much goes into a good or bad night sleep.

If a person has allergy issues that affect the throat, the AHI would be higher since the throat may be more inclined to close due to the swollen and/or irritated tissues.

In the summer, we tend to do more physical activity and would be more tired which would lead to the throat muscles being more relaxed in our tired sleep.

In the winter, everything is slower, including our physical activities. We tend to not move around as much in our sleep. Our bodies make a warm spot in the sheets and don't want to leave it.

On the other hand, a person who has body pain may move around more in their sleep in the winter.

And some people move less in the summer because it's just too hot and are sluggish.

But that does not mean you have sleep apnea only in the summer and not in the winter. It just means your sleep apnea is slightly worse probably due to a large host of reasons.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2013, 05:20 PM)racprops Wrote: So anyone else had seasonal apneas??
Seasons make no difference but don,t like the cold nights
During cold nights, humidifier cranked up and ClimateLine on auto ... no rainout regardless of the season
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 559 1 hour ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 858 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 306 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 263 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,286 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 277 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 453 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.