Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

is my machine brain damaged?
Question 
is my machine brain damaged?
hello
i am new here. i have a remstar auto a flex with a system one humidifier.
its 4 yrs old.
the other night the humidifier indicator next to the temp knob began blinking no matter the setting. Last night along with that the machine reset the ramp up several times-so i am sleeping and all of a sudden where's my air? felt like i was suffocating....

so is it toss time? or is there anyway to reset the machine? and give it a go

i could use some recommendations for a replacement and if any one has a good full face mask for a really active mouth breathing sleeper. i would appreciate it.
i've had the mirage quattro, the phillips comfort gel and the new resmed without a forehead piece. Cheap straps among other issues.
I'm lucky to have good health plan coverage on supplies etc
thanks in advance[/size][/font]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: is my machine brain damaged?
Hi frogprinsce, welcome aboard
Remove water tank, detach humidifier and unplug machine from power outlet
Wait a while and reassemble and plug in power outlet, see if that helps

Post Reply Post Reply

so is it toss time? or is there anyway to reset the machine?

As Zonk said Removing the humidifier and unplugging will reboot the unit , removing the humidifier will test if it's going bad and maybe browning out the blower unit . might even be a power issue with ether the power suppler or grid power . last being the unit is headed south for the winter without you.
Dodgy

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi frogprinsce,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you in getting your machine straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks
i disconnected the humidifier, waited 5 minutes and reconnected.
got the blinking light again. plus the tank was still full.
I'd have to use it tonight to see if the reset keeps happening.

on the other side of the coin, i have changed insurers. spoke to them and i can get a new one. and just go through the process of reporting my usage to keep the unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2014, 02:27 PM)frogprinsce Wrote: i disconnected the humidifier, waited 5 minutes and reconnected.
got the blinking light again.

Hi frogprinsce, welcome to the forum!

Did you also (turn off the machine and) unplug it from the wall for a minute?

(02-22-2014, 02:27 PM)frogprinsce Wrote: i have changed insurers. spoke to them and i can get a new one. and just go through the process of reporting my usage to keep the unit.

Here are recommendations for what to insist on when getting a new machine:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a reset problem with my machine once a long time ago. The Remstar has a plug that goes into the wall, the other end goes into a transformer and then the transformer plugs into the machine. I am embarrassed to say that I didn't bother to check, but the cord was slightly unplugged from the transformer and when I would move sometimes I would move the cord with the blanket enough to knock it out a bit, then it would come back on later! I felt like a real dolt on that one! Not sure about the blinking light though.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Results are in. Turns out the main unit is bad. I tell ya this is one racket these medical supply companies have. Took my info and immediately called the insurance company yas in I have no choice but to use them. We know we can buy the stuff for probably half what the med co. will charge the insurance company.
i have to do a 45 minute update with the sleep dr. as i need an updated script. PLUS, the co. doesn't know if BC wil pick it up because the unit is less than 5yrs old. It's 4+
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you sure the DME or the company isn't just saying the main unit is bad so they can sell you a new unit and make some money...more money than they would make if the insurance company pays for it? If your insurance isn't going to pay for it, and it's good you called your insurance company and talked with them and hopefully they told you they will pay for new equipment, you may want to check out the supplier list and see if you can get a replacement machine at a much better price than with the company you are dealing with right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2014, 06:01 PM)frogprinsce Wrote: Results are in. Turns out the main unit is bad. I tell ya this is one racket these medical supply companies have. Took my info and immediately called the insurance company yas in I have no choice but to use them. We know we can buy the stuff for probably half what the med co. will charge the insurance company.
i have to do a 45 minute update with the sleep dr. as i need an updated script. PLUS, the co. doesn't know if BC wil pick it up because the unit is less than 5yrs old. It's 4+

Did you check your private messages, I offered to check it out for you. As Me50 said, DME might just want to sell you a new machine. Most DME's. Don't have a clue on how to trouble shoot even a broken pencil point, let alone know how to sharpen one. But they sure do know how to use a new pen the write up the bill for a new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 677 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,376 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
  [Symptoms] Terrible brain fog and tiredness despite low AHI - Can you see anything in OSCAR? youthfulapnea 4 387 01-27-2024, 04:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Cool Brain Fog & Other neurological complications - 1 yr of treatment rgrindle 0 360 12-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: rgrindle
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,142 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
Sad [Treatment] "successful" treatment! - but still tired, oversleeping, brain fog squeakybeans 26 2,161 08-26-2023, 04:04 PM
Last Post: squeakybeans

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.