Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

itch right after getting mask on...
itch right after getting mask on...
It's happened 3 out of 4 nights so far. Just get the mask on, sealed good, then relaxed and comfortable... Then zing.... There's an itch somewhere under the mask that I can't get to.

I've never had a cast before, but feel like I can relate to someone getting an itch under a cast.

The first couple of times I just had to go scratch it, but now I try to wait for it to pass. So hard though. Nervous

Why can't the itch come before I get the mask on?! :grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: itch right after getting mask on...
(03-20-2015, 10:20 AM)worn_out_in_lebanon Wrote: It's happened 3 out of 4 nights so far. Just get the mask on, sealed good, then relaxed and comfortable... Then zing.... There's an itch somewhere under the mask that I can't get to.

I've never had a cast before, but feel like I can relate to someone getting an itch under a cast.

The first couple of times I just had to go scratch it, but now I try to wait for it to pass. So hard though. Nervous

Why can't the itch come before I get the mask on?! :grin:

Because it is your mind working on you. Oh-jeez I have had the same happen earlier on but now it happens only rarely. Huhsign Smile

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, I hear you. Every night I have an itch right beside my nose under the mask.
Cindy lots-o-coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a medical condition... It's called "Murphy's Law Syndrome." Google it........ Or maybe not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Had it happen a few times. Definitely murphy's law.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wiggle the mask a bit and the itch usually goes away. If not, I get up, wipe my face and the mask and go back to bed - no more itch.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
You can try to use some powder on the areas the mask touches your face. This might help with the itching
Post Reply Post Reply
try shaking the skeeters out of your mask before putting it on... Bigwink
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2015, 01:05 PM)Nyre Wrote: You can try to use some powder on the areas the mask touches your face. This might help with the itching

It would at least keep the mask from having an itch.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do a preemptive rub and scratch. It works about 75% of the time.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,208 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,751 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] ITCH: No rainout, no condensation PeakyO2 0 539 10-15-2021, 10:33 PM
Last Post: PeakyO2
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,831 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.