Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ixNay ethay DCay apcpay ireway omfray PRay
ixNay ethay DCay apcpay ireway omfray PRay
Curses on that Respironics DC plug in power cable for the 60 series.

It weighs more than a friggin' POUND. It has ferrite chokes, not one, but TWO. TWO FRAPPIN' FERRITE CHOKES THAT ARE 50% BIGGER THAN A C CELL BATTERY. THAT'S LIKE THREE C CELL BATTERIES AS PART OF THE CORD.

Note that the AC converter has ONE choke, about an inch long, and a little smaller in diameter than a first grade pencil.

I don't think it needs ferrite chokes in any sense as I am not using it for transmission or receiving.

What the flapjack were the mental mites at Respironices THINKING?

SO, it is going back to Supplier #1, I think.

POS,
OMMOHY

PS - POS Personal Observation, salutations .....
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ixNay ethay DCay apcpay ireway omfray PRay
(10-29-2015, 08:53 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: I don't think it needs ferrite chokes in any sense as I am not using it for transmission or receiving.

Chokes are useful for more than radio. In this case they decided to use them presumably to control RF noise coming in over the mains from other devices. The little computers in these machines operate at RF frequencies, you know.

Ferrite chokes are also used in audio devices, especially as transformers to isolate ground loops.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
It might be to keep alternator noise out of the CPAP if you use it in a running car.

It might also be more than just a ferrite. Could be caps for a DC filter.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree. Today's cars are notoriously noisy and if obtaining power from a generator, worse. That is annoying non-the-less. But maybe there is a bright side: if the power supply fails, you can sell those cores on eBay.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.