Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

just got my resmed S9 VPAP auto today, looking for setup advice
RE: just got my resmed S9 VPAP auto today, looking for setup advice
well last night was the best night so far AHI of 2.3

how does one edit the daily data to get rid of bad data? some times it take some time to go to sleep and I have some bad data at the start, not so much at the end.
I am feeling better, got more getup and go.
funny I have clusters of evens at the beginning when I am still awake.
my min O2 level last night was 79%, nice to be up from lows around 47% to 56%, raised my PS level from 4 to 6, may raise it some more to say 7, want to get my min o2 levels to 88% if possible
also raised my max IPAP back up to 25 and the min EPAP to 10
my CA was only 0.5 max CA was 15 seconds, most were 10.

thanks for the help
Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2014, 08:28 PM)space45 Wrote: raised my PS level from 4 to 6, may raise it some more to say 7, want to get my min o2 levels to 88% if possible

Hi Stan,

I suggest holding off on further adjustments for a week.

Raising the PS will increase the average SpO2, but probably will not increase the minimum SpO2 during deep dips, and it is important not to set PS too high.

Since your central events are short, your deep dips in SpO2 may be from obstructve apneas, during which PS probably completely stops. Because PS is synchronized to your breathing, if you stop breathing, PS also stops. I suggest using ResScan or SleepyHead to look at the Flow waveform and the High Rate Pressure waveform to see what is happening during the deep dips in SpO2.

It is primarily the EPAP pressure which needs to be high enough to prevent obstructive apneas and the deep desaturations. Your machine will automatically raise the EPAP pressure when needed.

Often, staying off one's back while asleep is very important for avoiding obstructive events.

The PS should not be so high that your SpO2 stays higher than about 94% to 96%. When O2 is too high it can cause too much oxidation in the blood, too many free radicals, can render prescription medications ineffective and lead to ill health. This is definitely a case of "too much of a good thing can kill you."

Too much PS can also increase centrals, but if your CAI is 0.5/hr and all your central events are short, that does not seem to be an issue in your case.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2014, 08:28 PM)space45 Wrote: well last night was the best night so far AHI of 2.3

how does one edit the daily data to get rid of bad data? some times it take some time to go to sleep and I have some bad data at the start, not so much at the end.
I am feeling better, got more getup and go.
funny I have clusters of evens at the beginning when I am still awake.
my min O2 level last night was 79%, nice to be up from lows around 47% to 56%, raised my PS level from 4 to 6, may raise it some more to say 7, want to get my min o2 levels to 88% if possible

thanks for the help
Stan
I don't know that you can edit the data to get rid of "bad data." What's there is there. Really there's no such thing as bad data. They just are what they are.

I wouldn't mess with your settings much right now. Roll with them for a few days and see what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi space45,
It's good to hear that you got your new machine.
I would leave the settings alone for at least a week so you can see the trends in your data. One night does not a trend make, so don't mess with the settings for at least a week.
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello! I need help with my new Resmed S9 VPAP Auto. I have used it two nights now and love it, but I want to make a change to the settings.

I want the unit to turn on and off automatically when I put on and take off my mask and headgear. My old unit did that and I really like that feature.

I cannot find out how to get into the menu so I can make that change. Does anyone know how to do this? I am sure it is quite simple but I don't know they key(s) to push to enter the correct menu.

Thanks for the info.

Vince
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2014, 10:29 AM)vstormes Wrote: I want the unit to turn on and off automatically when I put on and take off my mask and headgear. My old unit did that and I really like that feature.

I cannot find out how to get into the menu so I can make that change. Does anyone know how to do this? I am sure it is quite simple but I don't know they key(s) to push to enter the correct menu.

Hi Vince, welcome to the forum!

The clinician guide/manual for your machine can be obtained by email request from here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...P-Pressure

To enter the clinician setup mode, one should press and hold down two buttons at the same time, for about 4 seconds. Push at the same time and hold both the rectangular button with two check marks on it and the round knob, until the LCD shows you are in.

When in the clinician setup mode (as explained above), turn the knob to navigate to the OPTIONS submenu, and push the knob to enter the OPTIONS submenu.

When in the OPTIONS submenu, turn the knob to highlight SmartStart, and push the knob to enter adjustment mode, then turn the knob to select "On" or "Off", then push the knob to put into effect your choice.

Then turn the knob to highlight "Home" and push the knob to exit the clinician setup mode and return to the home screen.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi vstormes,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you're happy with your new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help and the welcome!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,807 1 hour ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 300 9 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 108 11 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 177 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 869 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,679 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.