Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

just got to keep my mouth shut!!
RE: just got to keep my mouth shut!!
(11-26-2013, 10:03 PM)me50 Wrote: Just curious. Those who use chin straps, do you put them on before you put your mask on?
There is no right or wrong way. My way put mask first and than chinstrap. Being active sleeper, the chinstrap helps keep mask in place

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2013, 11:51 PM)sleepy_one Wrote: Do you mind if I ask how long it takes for it to stretch out to the point that it is not useful? Are you talking about the Ruby or a different one?

I use the ResMed Sullivan chin strap. It takes a couple months, I guess, before I have tighten it up a bit. After about a year or so it has stretched so far I have to toss it and get a new one.

I know it needs to be tightened up when I start mouth leaking. That is, I'll notice when I wake up with air hissing out of my mouth, my machine reports a percent time in large leak greater than 0%, and a check of my data with SleepyHead and Encore reveals that indeed I've spent a significant amount of time in large leak.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2013, 10:03 PM)me50 Wrote: Just curious. Those who use chin straps, do you put them on before you put your mask on?

I put my chin strap on first. Then the mask straps go over top of it helping to keep the chin strap in place.

Others will put their mask on first and then the chin strap over top helping to keep the mask in place.

It all depends on the designs of your chin strap and mask, and your personal preference. Just keep in mind that you will probably have to adjust your mask straps a bit looser if you put it over your chin strap.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 20 2 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 361 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 313 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,076 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 802 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,164 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.