Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

just need to vent
RE: just need to vent
My DME would not give me an APAP unless the prescription had an upper and lower pressure number. My original prescription just said 10. The new one said 9.4-10. That worked for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got an APAP even though my prescription is for a continuous pressure of 10. I was making noise on what I wanted before I had the polysomnogram. When talking with the technician, she told me it has to do with pressure needed and they don't give APAP's if pressure needs are low enough because they are more expensive machines. I didn't know at the time CPAP and APAP were the same item line for insurance purposes or I might have argued that point with her. When the RT brought the machine to me, he told me I just made it in with an APAP and the cut off is pressure of 9. Also in a discussion with the coordinator when scheduling my polysomnogram, I told her I researched and knew what I wanted. After some hesitation and my pressing the issue, she did agree sometimes doctors will allow it in case auto is needed in the future. I had read of others that started with a CPAP and a few days later had to jump through hoops of exchanging for an Auto. I wanted to avoid that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now I see where you are coming from. Even though I have insurance, the only thing I use my insurance for is the doctor's visit. Since I have a high deductible, it is cheaper for me to shop around and buy my own machines and masks.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
I am very impressed that you have gone through this battle without medical help. Very impressive. Sorry you are in this position..
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 466 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 137 34,792 01-17-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
Idea Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more Hydrangea 47 6,416 01-13-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Sick and need to vent cps22 8 550 01-05-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Minute Vent, Tidal Volume, etc. MrIvanDrago 5 702 11-20-2023, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Sad [Treatment] Weird Flow Rate/Minute Vent OK Laptop 0 402 10-28-2023, 12:40 AM
Last Post: OK Laptop
  [Equipment] ResMed Quiet Air Diffuser Vent F30 Catherine101 179 36,182 05-06-2023, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Jay Belmont

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.