Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

keeping mouth shut without FFM or Chinstrap
RE: keeping mouth shut without FFM or Chinstrap
I am thinking I should get my son one for Christmas. Perhaps a differently colored one one for hubby - who snores but does not have apnea Big Grin Son looks like a mean bouncer, and hubby is 6'7" - or 2m tall; they would be humorous indeed!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to say, I seriously looked at them on Amazon after reading this post. If I could do away with the chinstrap it might be worth it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2015, 09:05 AM)DariaVader Wrote: I am thinking I should get my son one for Christmas. Perhaps a differently colored one one for hubby - who snores but does not have apnea Big Grin Son looks like a mean bouncer, and hubby is 6'7" - or 2m tall; they would be humorous indeed!

Pix, please, after Christmas - but don't tell them I sent you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
I actually use one, inspired by the fact that (yes) I suck my thumb. So, with the nasal pillow AND chin strap, and adult sized pacifier, I've found that my mouth leakage went from 13 to 20 (a perfect score) almost every night. My thumb wasn't reliable so I decided on the pacifier. It absolutely works but, without the chinstrap, it can easily fall out during the night. In fact, even with the chinstrap, it did so twice and, though I woke up and found it again, my score went down to 15-17 during those episodes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:'As a follow-up. I\'ve been able to eliminate the chinstrap while using an adult pacifier (I've been using the one found at: 

[commercial link removed, instead, do a Google search for "Cuddlz Baby Blue Bear Patterned Adult Pacifier"]
The only issue, and I consider it minor, is my upper teeth moving forward, a couple of people notice but it's really hardly noticeable, though I feel it slightly . But I think it well worth it and it's made the pacifier fit better, to the point where I no longer need the chinstrap. It stays in the whole night without issue and my leak score is almost perfect each night. 

I actually use one, inspired by the fact that (yes) I suck my thumb. So, with the nasal pillow AND chin strap, and adult sized pacifier, I've found that my mouth leakage went from 13 to 20 (a perfect score) almost every night. My thumb wasn't reliable so I decided on the pacifier. It absolutely works but, without the chinstrap, it can easily fall out during the night. In fact, even with the chinstrap, it did so twice and, though I woke up and found it again, my score went down to 15-17 during those episodes.
[/quote]

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
This may be more effective than taping.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 107 Yesterday, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Hurdsy
  Dry mouth and throat. VegasGMC 3 110 04-15-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Knightsbridge Chinstrap Owners.... Lucky7 0 69 04-13-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [CPAP] Help keeping mask on/less fragmented sleep jblack33 8 268 04-05-2024, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 11 811 04-02-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 7 634 03-29-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 4 199 03-29-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.