Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account


New Posts   Today's Posts

large leaks rating
#1
large leaks rating
Hi,
I know this is a very old issue. But unfortunately always on topic with my apnea.
Is there a value/level to which large leaks are still acceptable?
I do not feel comfortable with full-face masks, so I use nasal masks. My time percentage of large lecks (which are not compensated by the Resmed Airsence 10 auto) is in last year in average between 1,25% and 4,15 % (sleepyhead). altough I am taping every night. Is this tolerable?
How do you rate this?
Thank you and best regards from very hot vienna!
Christian
Post Reply Post Reply



Donate to Apnea Board  
#2
RE: large leaks rating
Hi Christian. Resmed allow leaks greater than 24 L/min for 30% of the night before the "red frowney face" will show up on your machine. So your 1.25 to 4.15% are well within the allowable limits as far as the machine is concerned.

I wouldn't do anything drastic like taping your lips for such a small leak duration. Unless the leaks are disturbing your sleep I think you're doing OK.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com


Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
#3
RE: large leaks rating
Hi Deep breathing,
Thank you for your response! I like it.  Cool
But, i have this percentage of big leaks when taping and above the tolerance of resmed (24L means large leaks start at this point) (I tape since 2 years now, but this is no problem) Otherwise it would be more big leaks. There are some forum members (not in this forum), they told me all large leaks has to be solved, because otherwise you cannot interprete the result correctly. (sleepyhead)
I think if on 96% of the time no large leaks, I interprete only this and forget the rest of 4% (maximum).
But i wanted to comapare with others...
Best regards from hot vienna, Austria
33 degrees C, means 91F puuh... Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  best high pressure mask for no leaks dragoneye 20 941 9 hours ago
Last Post: JerryG
  Introduction, Leaks, Mask Differences and The Results captainsteubing 20 763 09-13-2019, 07:00 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Something to help with mouth leaks Maddcow 19 354 09-07-2019, 08:08 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad Huge leaks still and getting so frustrated theres126 12 403 08-21-2019, 08:51 AM
Last Post: alexp
  Large Leaks, air coming out of connection to the head piece Normal? Maxmom 13 263 08-16-2019, 01:57 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  I can't seem to understand leaks, anyone with a simple explanation? Maxmom 5 223 08-16-2019, 09:55 AM
Last Post: Maxmom
  Very large leak rates boomba212 22 558 08-09-2019, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Melman


New Posts   Today's Posts






About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.