Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: included
CPAP Pressure: 11-17
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: last night's results
(12-19-2015 08:45 AM)app1nag Wrote:  
(12-19-2015 08:35 AM)app1nag Wrote:  so last night I ate and drank at a Christmas party, got home after 1am, and had the puppy jump into bed with me. To me, these were all indications of a crappy night's sleep. Woke up almost 7 hours later with AHI of ZERO ! I am certainly happy, but seriously starting to question the validity of these #s. Perhaps increasing the ramp pressure to 8 for 15 minutes helped. It was previously set to 4 and AUTO.

doesn't a flat line like these indicate an issue?

I'm /guessing/ that the top line is flow and the bottom one pressure. Both flat lines last for 8 seconds or less, too short to score as either obstructive or central apnea. The little bumps in pressure are probably Resmed's attempt to differentiate between OA and CA; the tiny bumps in flow might indicate an incipient CA - which you aborted by starting to breathe. If that's all you found, no problem. If there are lots of those, then probably toning down the drink should take care of it. One night is not the rest of your life.

I hope others more experienced will comment as well.
12-19-2015 09:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

(12-19-2015 09:55 AM)pholynyk Wrote:  I'm /guessing/ that the top line is flow and the bottom one pressure. Both flat lines last for 8 seconds or less, too short to score as either obstructive or central apnea. The little bumps in pressure are probably Resmed's attempt to differentiate between OA and CA; the tiny bumps in flow might indicate an incipient CA - which you aborted by starting to breathe. If that's all you found, no problem. If there are lots of those, then probably toning down the drink should take care of it. One night is not the rest of your life.

I hope others more experienced will comment as well.

Yes, less than 10 seconds is not scored; and the FOT wave starts at 4 seconds. The flat-topping on the inhalation waveform suggests an obstructive event.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-19-2015 10:32 AM
Sleeprider Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

(12-19-2015 08:45 AM)app1nag Wrote:  doesn't a flat line like these indicate an issue?

Too short for a CA with Resmed. I'm pretty sure Respironics would have scored at least a hypopnea. The surrounding breathing pattern looks like a period of arousal rather than deep sleep.

On your flow rate graph, right click in the left margin near the label and select the Dotted Lines option, then check Zero. This will add a dotted line at the zero flow which is where no inhale or exhale is occurring. Everything above the line is inhale and everything below is exhale. It really helps me to interpret the graph, and it might be useful to you. Notice how that pause in breathing occurs at the end of an inhale rather than exhale? I think you'll find most OA events occur at the end of exhale.

12-19-2015 10:36 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
app1nag Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: resmed airsense 10 auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Swift
Humidifier: same as machine
CPAP Pressure: 10-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

thanks very much for all this information !
12-19-2015 12:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Waiting for sleep study results...got Pulse Ox in the meanwhile jds2001 10 239 12-01-2016 03:13 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
Question First Machine, First Night, First results..Help please? SJGino 9 374 11-18-2016 11:55 PM
Last Post: SJGino
  Results Intrepretation GrahamSA 5 342 10-26-2016 08:52 AM
Last Post: Beej
  newbie questions re sleep test results Frances 4 327 10-20-2016 08:21 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  Relative Newby. Need Help w/ Sleepyhead Results Violetskyye 11 597 10-02-2016 10:44 PM
Last Post: Violetskyye
  Resmed MYAIR Events per hr results ressler76 6 1,527 10-01-2016 11:07 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Worried about Sleep Study Results jakthebomb 20 1,232 09-21-2016 08:49 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew