Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

REMstar Pro static electricity and wafer battery
REMstar Pro static electricity and wafer battery
My REMstar Pro with humidifier started going crazy two winters ago. Weather here is very dry and static electricity builds up easily. If I dragged the hose over a wool blanket, the machine would turn itself off (or on). When I took it apart I found dust and lint built up under the control wheel. Cleaning that out and spritzing the switch with contact cleaner fixed the problem until this spring.

Now, the machine seems to have "forgotten" who it is. My 7.0 cm pressure setting has defaulted back to the factory 6.5 cm and the static problem seems to have recurred even though I cleaned out the switch again last month.

Could this be because the wafer battery on the motherboard, about 5 years old, has finally gone dead? That, combined with static, may be the problem. If so, has anybody changed out that battery? What's the proper procedure so that you don't fry any chips?

Thanks !!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REMstar Pro static electricity and wafer battery
(08-25-2015, 02:37 PM)LouisePaulWA7DBN Wrote: My REMstar Pro with humidifier started going crazy two winters ago. Weather here is very dry and static electricity builds up easily. If I dragged the hose over a wool blanket, the machine would turn itself off (or on). When I took it apart I found dust and lint built up under the control wheel. Cleaning that out and spritzing the switch with contact cleaner fixed the problem until this spring.

Now, the machine seems to have "forgotten" who it is. My 7.0 cm pressure setting has defaulted back to the factory 6.5 cm and the static problem seems to have recurred even though I cleaned out the switch again last month.

Could this be because the wafer battery on the motherboard, about 5 years old, has finally gone dead? That, combined with static, may be the problem. If so, has anybody changed out that battery? What's the proper procedure so that you don't fry any chips?

Thanks !!

Do you have the PRS1 model, or one of the older ones?

As best as I can tell, the Repironics machines are not designed to have the battery changed, at least not on the PRS1 models. There's no way for the end user to fix the clock time on the machine without a proprietary cable and software. I think the battery is also soldered in, not in a battery holder.

Shame on you, Philips Respironics.

Do you know how to change the pressure setting? The manuals are available from the setup manuals link at the top of the page.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REMstar Pro static electricity and wafer battery
Hi LouisePaulWA7DBN,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with getting your machine problem straightened out and with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 97 1 hour ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,328 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,821 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 373 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 173 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 249 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Question [Equipment] Proprietary Dreamstation Battery Cables? NorthernGuy 25 11,438 01-19-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Pastrywagon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.