Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

leakage rate high?
leakage rate high?
Just started getting serious about using my cpap again. I was diagnosed several years ago w/mild apnea. Other than the leakage, the numbers look good, no? I use a swift nasal pillow. Trying to add a chin strap tonight. we'll see how that goes.

I could not attach my encore trend report as the file was too large, and apparently, cannot include a link here either(?)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: leakage rate high?
It depends if Encore is reporting total leak or unintentional leak.

The mask "leaks" through the vent: that's the intentional leak.

Unintentional leaks are when our mouths open or the mask slips or whatever.

Total leaks are both of those together. If total leaks, you don't want it over one number, if unintentional, you don't want it over another number. The machine can handle unintentional leaks up to a point, then it can't give accurate data as too much air is going out.

And yeah, you're too "young" a member to post a link just yet. If you want to, however, put the image on Imgur or one of the others then put in the link without the http:// part. We'll figure it out. Soon, we'll take off the training wheels. Wink

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi nobody102,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Better luck to you this time around with your CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Here is a "link" to the pdf h t t p s : / / drive.google.com/file/d/0B3F0RuhPltEwU1FiaTd5eVUwcUk/view?usp=sharing
Post Reply Post Reply
Although I'm no expert, the numbers do look good. The chart shows 0% average large leaks. I interpret that to mean no large leaks which probably means you aren't leaking enough to affect your therapy unless the leaks are affecting your sleep quality.

The chin strap may or may not help you with your leaks. You won't know unless you try it. In my case the chinstrap doesn't eliminate leaks, but it does keep them at a level I can still use my pillow mask. Just remember the chin strap shouldn't be too tight. Just tight enough to help you keep your mouth closed.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 235 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,408 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 114 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  flow rate and leak rate question sleepingbetterinFl 0 89 03-21-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.