Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier Use
Humidifier Use
For years I was trying from time to time to use the humidifier. Even at the lowest setting I felt like I was sleeping in a swamp but yet, some mornings would wake up with a dry throat and nose. Recently I tried it with water in the tank but no heat. This has worked well and it takes care of the dryness just right. With water up to the max fill line I get about four or five nights between refills. Hopefully this information will be helpful to someone.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier Use
This is what I've always done, as well. Full tank, no heat. I think they call it "Passover" humidification, since it depends only on the stream of air passing over the surface of the water. I much prefer it to "rain forest" mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
Completely agree. Also, hose height, humidity and temperature in the room can all make a difference.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
I started out with a humidifier with heat up high on doctor's prescription. I was really worried about my nose plugging up. My heated hose was fairly high also. I didn't felt the heat--we keep our bedroom cold. When faced with having to use my machine on my battery pack when camping I was worried--dropped heat for a few nights before. I didn't even notice the difference in not having the humidifier. I did have increased noise through the hose and went to the passover humidifier use--heat turned off--and the noise is muffled going through the humidifier apparently. My AHI has actually dropped (many below 1.0) since I shut the heat off--my number of CA's are down to just 1 or 2 per night, same pressure of 11/11.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2016, 08:58 PM)tmoody Wrote: This is what I've always done, as well. Full tank, no heat. I think they call it "Passover" humidification, since it depends only on the stream of air passing over the surface of the water. I much prefer it to "rain forest" mode.

"rain forest mode" that is the perfect way to put it. Laugh-a-lot

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,161 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 320 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 787 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 515 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.