Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Bipap user
New Bipap user
After months of banishment to the couch for snoring, my dear wife telling me I often stop breathing, my dentist telling me I stopped breathing several times under sedation, and uncontrolled weight gain- I finally had a home sleep study.

I'm still figuring out all of the #'s here, but:
AHI: 94.2
Apnea index 88.2
Lowest saturation 51%
obstructive apneas: 553
central apneas: 17
hypopneas: 41
Of course, I had to go in for a sleep study after that and I was put on BiPap with a nasal pillow. It has been wonderful! It doesn't bother me at all, just takes a coule of minutes to get used to when I first put it on. I really wish I had done this years ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Bipap user
It's great to hear that your therapy is having immediate positive impact. Please feel free to come to the board with any questions or concerns.

Also, if you haven't already, I strongly recommend uploading and analyzing your own data in SleepyHead, available here:
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/

This software is incredibly user friendly, and your xPAP model is fully supported. It's a great feeling to take charge of your own therapy, and people on this board are highly knowledgeable of the data analysis and happy to help.

Furthermore, you can learn more about setting up your own equipment in the Clinician's Guide for your machine, linked here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input, I might do that soon. I am self-employed, have a part time job, and am a full-time student, so rest when I can get it is important! I just purchased a machine online, since my insurance is not the best, and $500 a month for ten months isn't really an option for me. Apparently the one I ordered is the same as the rental but a year older model, with only 8 hours on it. When I get the new machine next week, I will explore my options, mostly to read up on how well it is working, I don't see the need to change anything right now, I am completely comfortable with it and sleeping perfectly.

It took some getting used to, (swallowing, coughing, opening mouth) but the benefits are amazing. I can't put into words the difference it has made in my life. I was dozing off at work, couldn't drive for more than 20 minutes or so, just tired (and grumpy) all the time. I refer to my machine now as my "supercharger". It is also nice to sleep in your own bed, too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi quickerNu,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

It’s great to hear that you are adjusting well to CPAP.
Much success to you with your therapy and good luck with the new machine, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
As a former bedroom refugee, welcome back. The benefits go beyond simple occupancy, since the therapy kinda gives you that aspect of your life back (if you know what I mean). As you get used to the equipment, don't hesitate to ask any questions. A number of us use the same machine here.

When you get a chance, take a look at the number on the bottom of the machine, and include it in the profile. I suspect you have a DS660P or DS760P. It will make a difference if you have any questions. Be sure not to turn the machine over with any water in the humidifier. (figure you know better, but not taking chances).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same equipment as you (PR 760 with P10 pillows). I also don't have insurance. It's a powerful setup that gives you a lot of control over. I wouldn't worry about having the latest technology. There's a lot of marketing at play with new tech and you've got an incredibly proven system.

I'm not sure if you've just been on it for a few days, or a few weeks. If it's just a few days, there can be a 'honeymoon period' where the body is just so incredibly grateful for getting oxygen. In your case, I hope it just gets better and better.

Please be sure to also share your insights, breakthroughs and profound discoveries as they occur to help others. We learn so much from other users.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, tomorrow will be 1 month, and I am still loving it every day. New machine should be here Monday, i'll check the model #.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 633 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 190 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Multiple surgeries, consistent BiPAP user, still struggling with exhaustion erica721 5 721 11-03-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: erica721
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  Fixed pressure BIPAP vrs Auto BIPAP (UARS) tugboatxd 0 690 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: tugboatxd

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.