Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

leaks and liners - finally starting to click for me
RE: leaks and liners - finally starting to click for me
Thanks, Lebanon -- appreciate so much the benefit of your experience with P10. I'm going to try Nuance, only thing not certain about is whether this month or next month.

Trish, that's interesting about the nasal pillow liners. I'll check that out, thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Liners for nasal pillows??!!

I like the Remzz liners and am using them now with my Simplus. But for pillows?? Seriously? Pillows don't "leak", they come loose, fall out, shift drastically out of place. A liner isn't going to stop that. Duct tape will but that's another beast. FFMs and nasal masks leak just be simple movement of the cheeks or slight pressure from the bed pillow. FFMs are going to leak no matter what and liners can help both of these situations - to a point.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2015, 10:17 AM)worn_out_in_lebanon Wrote: I kept thinking "leaks are evil", "must avoid at all costs". Now I realize it's no big deal. They can be allowed. They just have to be managed. Smile

And with that, grasshopper, you move to the next level.

I look at how much time of the night was spent in a big leak. And I look at just what that big leak was and when and all that. We need to see the entire picture, not one graph or two. Leaks are important and need to be controlled/managed/eliminated. But with some masks (FFM) they probably just can't be.

Ask yourself are you feeling rested? Are you waking up ready to go?

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2015, 03:30 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I look at how much time of the night was spent in a big leak. And I look at just what that big leak was and when and all that. We need to see the entire picture, not one graph or two. Leaks are important and need to be controlled/managed/eliminated. But with some masks (FFM) they probably just can't be.

Ask yourself are you feeling rested? Are you waking up ready to go?

That was the huge problem until just recently. I had taken a big setback the past couple of weeks, and was barely getting through each day again. I had a 95% leak rate of around 40 one night. My graph was filled with large leaks one right after the other. And I kept waking up. The constant waking up is what was affecting me the worst.

The liner is a pretty helpful additional tool. It takes the "annoyance factor" out of the small leaks, and helps me set things up to minimize the large leaks - by avoiding having straps adjusted so tight, and the liner itself helps prevent a small leak from becoming a large leak by not letting the silicone seal slide around so much.

Before, it was just a matter of time before a small leak graduated into a large leak because once the air started flowing, it just kept getting worse, kind of like a hole in a dam that keeps getting bigger as more water pours through it. There's probably some physics at work there having to do with airflow and Bernoulli principle and stuff... Smile

I'm just happy to be able to sleep again. I didn't even need two 12-hour sleeps this weekend (just regular 8 hours), and I had some motivation to work on a couple of projects around the house too.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2015, 01:34 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: RemZZZ makes liners for nasal pillows, they are fairly new. I am trying them, they work pretty well, I'm still trying to get used to them.

I'd like to hear how those liners are doing for you. I saw that on a few sites but there were very little reviews on it. I had the urge to try it after one morning waking up and having one of my pillows out of alignment and pushing into the middle of the base of my nose and causing it to dry out and sore for a day. I remedied it with lotion but it would be nice to know if a liner exist that would help alleviate that pain if it happens again.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just purchased a sewn, cloth liner for my Simplus; won't mention name on here, so the post doesn't get deleted. It's a "popular" liner site.

I hope it helps with the leaks, and the lines on my face. It's worth a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you found something that works for you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 278 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,022 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 226 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 158 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 106 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 493 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.