Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

leaks (mask or mouth?) excessive tearing (leak or dry mucous?)
RE: leaks (mask or mouth?) excessive tearing (leak or dry mucous?)
(04-08-2021, 09:32 AM)Ghandi Wrote: Humm it looks like mouth leaks from the form but the respiration amplitude doesn't seem to increase. However The tidal volume does when the leaks stops.

Be carefull the resp rate is the frequency of the resp cycle not the flow rate. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2021, 10:57 AM)biorn Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 09:32 AM)Ghandi Wrote: Humm it looks like mouth leaks from the form but the respiration amplitude doesn't seem to increase. However The tidal volume does when the leaks stops.

Be carefull the resp rate is the frequency of the resp cycle not the flow rate. Wink

Yeah i was getting confused. With a proper look, must be mouth leaks. you clearly see respiration amplitude raise as well.
I also ordered the n30 headgear.
Thanks a lot guys. I may do the tape test next. But those graphics seem to indicate mouth from my understanding.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you already tried some fullface mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
A cottonmouth mostly is an indication of mouth leaking.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2021, 11:36 AM)biorn Wrote: Did you already tried some fullface mask?

Only for a couple of days when i first got my machine 9 years ago. After that when i tried the p10 it was heaven. I hade fixed pressure at 8. Singe i've got the autoset i experience those leaks but they are no over 5-6%  of the night and don't wake me up. Maybe i should take this into consideration.  the one i tried was coming off quite easyly. It was harder to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2021, 11:36 AM)biorn Wrote: Did you already tried some fullface mask?

I do have that. I'm much more worried about non mask leaks somehow. Because i have an eye that is always watery and tears. mainly from the left eye. It's either my nose mucus beeing too try or the mask coming off and shooting air in my eye. i have extreme eye dryness and doin treatment for that. that's why i've been investigatin,g to find out of i had other than mouth leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2021, 12:28 PM)Ghandi Wrote: Only for a couple of days when i first got my machine 9 years ago.  the one i tried was coming off quite easyly. It was harder to sleep.

The new mask are quieter, fit better if you find the good model ad the good size. But of course it's bigger, you could have mask leaks more easy.

(04-08-2021, 12:28 PM)Ghandi Wrote: Singe i've got the autoset i experience those leaks but they are no over 5-6%  of the night and don't wake me up. Maybe i should take this into consideration.

It's a big point yes, how you feel at the wakeup. No dry mouth, not disturbed by leaks, etc. If the therapy work and you pass good night it's the principal Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Personaly I have not yet chosen my final mask and I have to wait on my septum surgey.

I can't breath by my nose with fullface mask, just work with the F30i. I have to mod it and enlarge le middle of the cushion before that work for me.

I just recieved a P30i this week. It's different. F30i is more confortable but I breath easier with the p30i. Will see after the surgey.

In CPAP therapy lots of things are personnal.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2021, 12:38 PM)biorn Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 12:28 PM)Ghandi Wrote: Only for a couple of days when i first got my machine 9 years ago.  the one i tried was coming off quite easyly. It was harder to sleep.

The new mask are quieter, fit better if you find the good model ad the good size. But of course it's bigger, you could have mask leaks more easy.

(04-08-2021, 12:28 PM)Ghandi Wrote: Singe i've got the autoset i experience those leaks but they are no over 5-6%  of the night and don't wake me up. Maybe i should take this into consideration.

It's a big point yes, how you feel at the wakeup. No dry mouth, not disturbed by leaks, etc. If the therapy work and you pass good night it's the principal Wink
Exacxtly, therapy works great.  AIH Under.  If i can prevent getting air in my eye and find out the root source of my left eye crying all the time i may stick with it

You breath better with the full face?  How are your numbers?

(04-08-2021, 12:35 PM)Ghandi Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:36 AM)mul ticast Wrote: A cottonmouth mostly is an indication of mouth leaking.

I do have that. I'm much more worried about non mask leaks somehow. Because i have an eye that is always watery and tears. mainly from the left eye. It's either my nose mucus beeing too try or the mask coming off and shooting air in my eye. i have extreme eye dryness and doin treatment for that. that's why i've been investigatin,g to find out of i had other than mouth leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 83 4 hours ago
Last Post: Hurdsy
  Dry mouth and throat. VegasGMC 3 107 04-15-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 333 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 443 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  Leak Spikes and A Break in Flow blu15 9 1,259 04-06-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: avhenry
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 109 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 11 808 04-02-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.