Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

less colds using CPAP
Does anyone find that using the CPAP machine with humidifier (especially during the winter) you get less colds? I would think that because one is not breathing dried out air. air passageways stay good and moist, not allowing the dastardly rhinovirus to attach and do its dirty work... I usually get one or two doozies every winter, but so far, (since using my bipap machine with humidifier and heated hose) I haven't had one.

Post Reply Post Reply
It could also be that by getting better sleep your body is better prepared to fight off any virus that tries to attack it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I typically get something that is circulating around the office. So far, no blatant plagues have started, for which I am very glad.

Please organize your SleeyHead screenshots like this.
I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cpap and colds somnia16 16 1,197 09-09-2016, 11:14 PM
Last Post: mikeindc
  Colds and Nasal Pillows Lambsydoats 7 1,879 12-07-2014, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  Neti Pot - Not just for those annoying colds SuperSleeper 31 13,499 11-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Last Post: archangle
  Colds and steroid use bareablesleep 3 1,235 11-14-2013, 06:58 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
Idea Full Face Masks for colds? dfstarman 5 2,008 11-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Shastzi