Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

less colds using CPAP
less colds using CPAP
Does anyone find that using the CPAP machine with humidifier (especially during the winter) you get less colds? I would think that because one is not breathing dried out air. air passageways stay good and moist, not allowing the dastardly rhinovirus to attach and do its dirty work... I usually get one or two doozies every winter, but so far, (since using my bipap machine with humidifier and heated hose) I haven't had one.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: less colds using CPAP
It could also be that by getting better sleep your body is better prepared to fight off any virus that tries to attack it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: less colds using CPAP
I typically get something that is circulating around the office. So far, no blatant plagues have started, for which I am very glad.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP causing colds/sinus infections?? Decoy Dave 4 808 01-11-2022, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Decoy Dave
  cpap and colds somnia16 16 3,408 09-09-2016, 11:14 PM
Last Post: mikeindc
  Colds and Nasal Pillows Lambsydoats 7 3,238 12-07-2014, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  Neti Pot - Not just for those annoying colds SuperSleeper 31 18,057 11-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Last Post: archangle
  Colds and steroid use bareablesleep 3 2,030 11-14-2013, 06:58 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
Idea Full Face Masks for colds? dfstarman 5 2,858 11-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Shastzi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.