Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

less than 10 seconds events
less than 10 seconds events
I've been getting some very good results .. like practically no leaks and 0 - .2 events/hour.
But looking more carefully at the data, I see many "events" that are just less than 10 seconds.
Is there something I should do to reduce these (see attached screen grabs)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: less than 10 seconds events
The 'event' you found at 6:37:25 looks to me like a delayed exhale - you were probably holding your breath while you changed position.

I also noticed the high flow rate at the beginning, while ramp was active. With a minimum pressure of 8 cmH2O, I think you could turn the ramp off and still be comfortable, and not feel like you had to work to get enough air.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2022, 08:57 AM)pholynyk Wrote: The 'event' you found at 6:37:25 looks to me like a delayed exhale - you were probably holding your breath while you changed position.

I also noticed the high flow rate at the beginning, while ramp was active. With a minimum pressure of 8 cmH2O, I think you could turn the ramp off and still be comfortable, and not feel like you had to work to get enough air.

Appreciate your input/analysis 

I will deactivate the ramp .. makes sense.
charlie
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
My at home sleep study report said 11.5 events per hour. 40 OA's & 60 hypopneas. snoring time was 47%. below 88% of oximetry for 7.2% and below 80%1.6% of the time. Supine & lateral lying positions. Most events in the supine position.

the recommendation from the study was "don't sleep in the supine position" use "mechanical means" to prevent lying supine.   I half heartedly tried this but I could see from my fitbit that I was oxygen deficient a one to three times a night. So I requested the cpap machine. I think the machine is doing a fantastic job and I certainly feel much better ( after I worked through the mask leak issues). I get between 0 and 3 events per night.

Pre cpap, When I woke up or was woken up by an event, if I was in a supine position, and tried to expel air, the airway would shut off, mouth & nose. Inhaling was not a problem. If I exhaled slowly/softly I could breath .. after a few minutes when I was fully awake, I could breathe in the supine position without issue. If I rolled over on my side, right after I woke up, I could breath as long as I didn't push hard on the exhale. I'm assuming that when my neck muscles relax (i.e. I'm asleep), my tongue & throat work together to cut off the exhale.  Is that a good assumtion?

appreciate all the help/advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2022, 08:57 AM)pholynyk Wrote: The 'event' you found at 6:37:25 looks to me like a delayed exhale - you were probably holding your breath while you changed position.

big difference last night with the ramp off ... screen shot attached .. also show that I do hold my breath as I get into bed. I start off sitting on the bed ready to get in, then put on the chin strap, cervical collar, and then the mask .. then I start the machine, listen to be sure no leaks, then get into bed, and finally turn over to get on my left side. I think that pause in breathing at about 22:11 is a good example of that.. thanks to you , I now understand how to better read the flow chart.

charlie

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 8 325 Yesterday, 11:37 AM
Last Post: joeblough
  [Symptoms] Worried about sudden spike in CA events rohit261990 8 216 Yesterday, 12:44 AM
Last Post: rohit261990
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 107 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,447 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 229 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 126 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 170 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.