Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

light on Dream Station
light on Dream Station
I am in the final stages of deciding on CPAP and have narrowed down to the S10 and the Dream Station. Can you set the Dream Station to completely shut down the back light??? I have used a system one for 5+ years every night with no problems..

Thanks to all in advance...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: light on Dream Station
I got a DreamStation 2 days ago.

I don't know if there is a way to adjust the LCD backlight.

What mine does -- Backlight is off until you turn on the CPAP blower or until you try to change or view any settings from the front panel. When you start the CPAP at night, the backlight will turn on and stay on for about 2-3 minutes and then turn off. When you turn off the CPAP, the back light will turn back on for another 2-3 minutes before it turns itself back off again.

Normal mode - backlight is off. If it turns on for whatever reason, it turns itself back off after a few minutes.
Post Reply Post Reply
A lot of people complain of this. Maybe Respironics will fix it in a future software update. You can enable auto-on and auto-off which will turn the machine on and off based on detecting your breathing. The display is not lit when this happens. Or you can put something over it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2016, 11:56 AM)chill Wrote: A lot of people complain of this. Maybe Respironics will fix it in a future software update. You can enable auto-on and auto-off which will turn the machine on and off based on detecting your breathing. The display is not lit when this happens. Or you can put something over it.

Why do people complain?

Post Reply Post Reply
It is too bright. It is too long. It annoys them. It should not be like this. Take your pick. Big Grin It is not a thing that I personally would base a choice of machine on.

I find it makes a nice nightlight for bathroom trips.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2016, 02:57 PM)chill Wrote: It is too bright. It is too long. It annoys them. It should not be like this. Take your pick. Big Grin It is not a thing that I personally would base a choice of machine on.

I find it makes a nice nightlight for bathroom trips.

Now I get it.

It does seem on the bright side, but it isn't on very long.

And last night I did discover the "night light bathroom mode". I wasn't quick enough and it was off before I got back. Not a problem at home, but when I travel, sometimes those hotel rooms can be really dark and have corners in unexpected places.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I have also wished it was on longer for those hotel rooms. Especially the ones with weird layouts where the walls move and smack into you in the night!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2016, 03:37 PM)chill Wrote: Yes, I have also wished it was on longer for those hotel rooms. Especially the ones with weird layouts where the walls move and smack into you in the night!

Worst hotel room I had: The bed was on a slightly raised platform. I knew this was going to be trouble, but when I woke up in the middle of the night I forgot about it. Got out of bed, took one step, and went flying across the room when I stepped off that platform unexpectedly.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started using the Dream Station back in May; unfortunately the backlight cannot be completely shut off but I just checked how long it stayed on...only 1 minute (although watching the screen and my timer it felt longer Smile)

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

I was pretty sure it was only a minute, but it seems longer in the middle of the night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean cajones 9 11,430 03-15-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 10,976 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 933 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] 2 Yrs CPAP & I Still Don't Dream - Eliminated Obstructive But Central Apneas Present droo 5 530 08-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: droo
  RECOMMENDATION REQUESTED - LIGHT THERAPY srlevine1 0 340 07-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question Resmed AirTouch F20 on Dream Station 2: X factor? SleeperAwake21 1 428 05-19-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SleeperAwake21
  [Equipment] Screen Light - how to turn off Hopingforachange 4 2,046 04-04-2023, 01:50 AM
Last Post: zellem

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.