Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

light on Dream Station
RE: light on Dream Station
Mine definitely is NOT dimmed according to room light after I first start the machine. It is full brightness. I have verified by turning the light in the room on and off during the first 2 minutes of operation. After that time expires, the screen is off - not dimmed.

The other peculiar thing is the illuminated on/off button icon on top is illuminated while the machine is NOT operating, but then turns OFF when the machine is operational (ironically this is while the sleeping should occur and the room would be dark - making it is difficult to find the button in the dark).

It is programmed backwards, I think - the on/off button icon should be illuminated while the machine is running (in the dark).Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
My Dreamstation on which the backlight dimming works fine developed a noise problem so I returned it to the DME and got a loaner until they get the original one fixed or replaced. Had to get up during the night and the backlight was so bright it was like I turned on the room light. I'm leaving in a few minutes to return it.
Post Reply Post Reply
It didn't go well at the DME supplier. They gave me a new machine for a loaner but it still did not dim.
When I pressed them on the issue the RT assured me she had set up many of these machines and none had the dimming feature. When I assured her that my original machine did she said she wasn't going to argue about it. I called the Phillips support number and gave them the S/N and they said the dimming function should work. Beyond that they were no help. Since the S/N of the one that worked was lower than the one that didn't I think it might be a software issue. The current non dimming machine has a version 1.0.4 on it. If someone has a machine with the dimming working I would be interested in what software version it has.
Post Reply Post Reply
Where are you seeing the version #? I don't see one on my DS Auto BiPAP ...
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2016, 04:10 PM)Maskup Sleepwell Wrote: Where are you seeing the version #? I don't see one on my DS Auto BiPAP ...
It's on one of the screens in the My Provider section
Post Reply Post Reply
is it possible that when a provider sets up and locks some feature so you dont mess with it that it locks the operation of the dimmer?

For the people out there who's dimmers are working. do you have any provider locks ?
Post Reply Post Reply
My dimmer works but there's also No provider lock on my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might get a piece of red cellophane tape and put it over the light. If the level is low enough, the red light won't wash out the rods on your retina and wake you more.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
One member suggested using a small piece of window tinting film to dim the light a little.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some time ago I found a product called 'LightDims' on Amazon. It's a sheet of self-adhering grey dots and rectangles of various sizes which I used for covering the leds on my computers, net-disks, and routers. They have different densities - I use the 'standard' so that I can still tell if a led is on or off. I don't know how big the Dreamstation screen is, but I'm sure you can combine rectangles to cover it nicely.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean cajones 9 11,495 03-15-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 11,070 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 950 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] 2 Yrs CPAP & I Still Don't Dream - Eliminated Obstructive But Central Apneas Present droo 5 532 08-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: droo
  RECOMMENDATION REQUESTED - LIGHT THERAPY srlevine1 0 351 07-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question Resmed AirTouch F20 on Dream Station 2: X factor? SleeperAwake21 1 437 05-19-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SleeperAwake21
  [Equipment] Screen Light - how to turn off Hopingforachange 4 2,095 04-04-2023, 01:50 AM
Last Post: zellem

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.