Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions
RE: lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions
Okay hivemind,

so I want to fully test the restless legs / periodic limb movement disorder theory.
My thought is that I should attach some accelerometers to my arms / legs and see if there is periodic movement.

I'm trying to figure out what the best way to do this is & curious if anyone here has any relevant expertise? My initial thought is to just buy a USB-compatible accelerometer that has recording capabilities & a decent battery life and then strap that to my arms / legs and see if the data looks similar to the periodic breathing spikes in my cpap data. Currently, I'm thinking of just looking at accelerometers on amazon that fit the above description and buying one, but I'm guessing there might be more to it than this, so if anyone has suggestions on things I need to look for to make this work that would be much appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions
I have restless legs syndrome. I do know how it impacts my falling asleep and what works for me. Not sure how it impacts my sleep as I need to get a CPAP which why I am here.

I wear over the counter open toe thigh high compression (15mmHg - 20mmHg) stockings to bed and athletic compression sleeves during the day. For the thigh high compression stockings you need a band with silicone beads for them to say on. It shuts my legs right up. I can stay still. I feel like I sleep better with them on. It's hard to describe but it is like instant relief. 

There are articles about wearing over the counter compression stockings for RLS. I would read up on those. It is not safe for people with certain medical conditions to wear compression stockings while sleeping so it is probably best practice to run it by your md first.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 10 349 41 minutes ago
Last Post: rekaviv
  stanleyv28 - Therapy Assistance stanleyv28 23 434 6 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dalemazkour - Therapy Help Dalemazkour 23 492 Yesterday, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Dalemazkour
  New to CSA/What questions laokg 6 113 Yesterday, 11:50 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,968 364,132 Yesterday, 08:53 AM
Last Post: btreger
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 87 1,843 04-25-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  secunix Therapy Thread secunix 0 85 04-25-2024, 02:30 AM
Last Post: secunix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.