Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

listening to youself breath while sleeping
RE: listening to youself breath while sleeping
Isn't all this a bit obsessive? I sort of think that if you're successfully doing CPAP therapy and it's working for you, why would you want to record and be concerned about each and every sound your body makes. Maybe it kind of a hobby?
Post Reply Post Reply
plasticplumber

Thanks, as a droid user with the Samsung G4 I downloaded the one u mentioned. Just a trial version first to see how it works with me.
Shame though for i have the GEAR 1 watch phone but it supports a different watch.
Plus this app also supports that new Phillips Hue lights and i had 2 sets and ended up selling them on Kijiji only because i just didnt have time to set them up as I felt they should properly be set up but now i see this app also supports those.
Now i wish i had kept one at least for my bedroom ;-)

Oh well.
Anyhow I shall try this tonight.
Fortunately I sleep really well with my CPAP machine, nasal mask, etc but not having the AutoSet is really aggravating me as until i do get one, I just haven't any idea of whats going on.
I shall try this tonight ;-)

tdriver

As i say just above, I have a droid so I installed the app "Sleep As Android" but depending on whether i like it or not, I may install the iPhone version on my iPad. I gave my iPhone to the hubby so I don't want to throw anything on there he won't know what to do with so if they have one for the iPad which i am sure they will I will check it out as well to see which one does a better job with me.

Thanks for the input on the apps both of you.....
Post Reply Post Reply
Jim ZZZ - Isn't all this a bit obsessive?

Yes it is but I knew I was waking up and wanted to find out why and now I know Its not tied into my sleep breathing as times do not correlate to events and as no external noises are recorded I need to know why I wake with sufficient consciousness to remember and say "awake" for my app. This waking is still disturbing my sleep if only two or three times a night so to me it could be as important as what the CPAP does. I hoped that this and the Pulse/Ox may have provided a clue but it looks like it may be up to the Doc.

ShelaghDB
You will need to play with the record volume to find a suitable level with mine at max it recorded every breath slightly lower and it captured events and not every breath but still caught noise of me turning over heavy breathing bathroom visits coughs grunts etc but I expect its down to how good the mike on the phone is.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2014, 03:47 AM)plasticplumber Wrote: Jim ZZZ - Isn't all this a bit obsessive?

Yes it is but I knew I was waking up and wanted to find out why
Now I understand. My apology for being a bit cranky and judgemental when I posted. Maybe I was sleep deprived.Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
Hehe - I get a morning report whether I want one or not from my lovely wife. After watching the video all those years ago - I really don't want to listen to me, whether on my dream machine or not.

For some reason the movie "Aliens" keeps coming to mind for me...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
plasticplumber

I downloaded it but you have an advantage in having the auto-set in which to compare.
Offhand i can't really make head nor tails of this.

Did you buy yours or are you using the free version?
I ask for I believe it would be better to buy the app for the few dollars it costs. But if so, wondering if you purchased any of the add-ons for it?

In any event, not sure what I did wrong but it didn't seem to record anything ;-(

Besides I had a terrible night of sleep last night.
I woke up only about an hour after going to sleep all stuffed up and I ended up taking off my headgear and going back to sleep without it.
Up until now, I have felt great every morning and this morning I didn't feel as if a Mack truck had hit me but perhaps a Volkswagen had ;-)

So my graph is really up and down b ut no idea what it means so I have to play with it a bit more to see if i can make sense of it otherwise, theres no point in my buying it and/or continuing to use it, so i do hope to figure it out ASAP. ;-)

[Image: 14ukxld.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased the full version straight off but as far as I can remember no add ons unless detailed statistics was an extra.
After you press done from the first graph and then touch on that day again from the main screen you should get two graphs one showing movement and its guess at y9ur sleep cycles and one below it showing recordings and microphone icons on the time line. Selecting any of the timeline and then play from the drop down menu will then play each individual recording and give the exact time of the event. You may have to set up your phone to record from within the app.
Post Reply Post Reply
Obsessive or not, I thank you for doing this, as it proves to me...a newbie...that the machine isn't just making up data...it actually correlates to what you are experiencing during sleep. Not that I doubted, but this is more factual proof that I'm doing the right thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
plasticplumber

Quote:ShelaghDB
You will need to play with the record volume to find a suitable level with mine at max it recorded every breath slightly lower and it captured events and not every breath but still caught noise of me turning over heavy breathing bathroom visits coughs grunts etc but I expect its down to how good the mike on the phone is.

PP, is it remotely possible to take a screenshot of where in that app you play with the record volume button, and then post it here so either I may take a good look at it? Or if you are able to take a screenshot of it and don't want to put it here, let me know and I can send you my email address and u could just stick it there so I could see it. I am usually very good with software and computers but i just can't find it, anywhere LOL
I have not been able to figure out how to record myself ;-(

I might just buy the app and see how it does it .......but if i wee able to see a screenshot first, it would be great!

Post Reply Post Reply
Hope this works. Here is a screen shot showing sound graph below sleep graph. This screen should show when you touch any of your day sleep patterns from the list of records on your main screen.
Select part of the screen covering one or more of the microphone icons.
Choose play selected sounds from drop down menu (three vertical boxes in top right of screen) and sounds should play if recorded. Sound volume is adjusted from the play sounds screen.
I remember having trouble with this myself when I first installed the app, its not clear at all. If you want any more screen shots PM me and I will e-mail others.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 813 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 251 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Still Having Trouble with Sleeping CcReesezzzzz01 7 458 02-13-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Not been sleeping well, just installed SD card and oscar, please help SleepyGrumpy 2 228 02-04-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.