Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

long time user need help understanding stats
Smile 
long time user need help understanding stats
I got my first cpap in 2004 and I have used encore ( both versions ) in the past since 2016 as well as sleepyhead.  I have downloaded oscar and brought the data over successfully from sleepyhead.  I also set up a second profile for my new resmed autoset 10 and brought in my first data.   So far so good.   

The things I need help understanding are

1) the whole 12 noon resmed cut off.   I like to stay up until 4 am then sleep past noon.  I don't understand what the page about this in oscar is telling me.  Hopefully oscar is not doing a 12 noon cut off?  I do not want this cut off but I am not sure what I can do about it.

2)  My cpap settings are min 12 max 17 with cflex 2 or now the resmed equivalent at cflex 2.  I have used these settings for a long time with good results.  My sleep study back in 2004 said to use 12 and I do not use ramp because less than 12 bothers me.  With a 17 max I do not max out on the charts and things are good.   The things I do not understand and need help with are: 

a) the machine says my mask test is good but the chart says 95% average leak rate of 10.8 is this ok?  I never really looked at this stat in the past.  I do have the machine setup correctly for direct nasal seal and I do not feel air leaks.

b) the daily graphs about time at pressure seem to show time at EDAP 10 and 11 when my minimum is set to 12 so how can the charts be showing this? What is EDAP?  The overview charts seem to make more sense than the daily graphs but have less detail.  This is the one stat I like to focus on so I want to understand it.

c)  my long term ahi averages (since 2016) range from 1.47 to 2.27.  Last week average was the 1.47.   I think this is good?

d)  downloading the data from the resmed for the last week into oscar took a long time with many many repeated 0 to 100% windows.  I thought something was wrong it took so many passes but in the end it correctly identified my new machine.  On my old machine from respironics using sleepy head it went quick even for 6 months data.   Is this something to do with resmed?  I do have the setting on the machine for full stats.   I was surprised there was no setting in oscar to tell it what my machine was.

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: long time user need help understanding stats
1. The ResMed day is noon to noon. OSCAR just reports what the PAP did. If your schedule requires you to edit this, make the PAP time different to suit your needs.

2A. Disregard the PAP leak chart, focus on OSCAR, where you have real numbers and a chart trace to look at. ResMed doesn't report intentional, mask vent action. You will see 1 trace on the chart, this is unintentional as in mask or mouth leaks. ResMed leaks have a redline at 24, so if you approach it take action to fix leaks.

2B. The info you see of pressure at 10 or 11 take into account your EPR 2. EPR 2 is exhale pressure relief at actual 2 cmH2O and it does show correct as you state.

2C. Is this good? You tell us. How did you feel? What did OSCAR look like. You can post it. 1.47 AHI is well under 5 where docs say you're treated. So back to how you feel, good or not?

2D. Mechanics of loading can be addressed by others.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2021, 08:58 PM)17blue17 Wrote: d)  downloading the data from the resmed for the last week into oscar took a long time with many many repeated 0 to 100% windows.  I thought something was wrong it took so many passes but in the end it correctly identified my new machine.  On my old machine from respironics using sleepy head it went quick even for 6 months data.   Is this something to do with resmed?  I do have the setting on the machine for full stats.   I was surprised there was no setting in oscar to tell it what my machine was.

OSCAR determines what your machine is by looking at the data you are importing. The data specifies the exact model you are using.

What version of OSCAR are you running? OSCAR 1.2.0 has improved the speed with which it will import new data. When you import the next day's data, it should be very fast.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your replies.

I am already using the current 1.20
Post Reply Post Reply
For your time issue, we are basically the same. Operating on a different time zone. I switched my machine from AM to PM. It was a suggestion from, I believe, Sleeprider. Works for me.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2021, 11:51 PM)Cpapian Wrote: For your time issue, we are basically the same.   Operating on a different time zone. I switched my machine from AM to PM.  It was a suggestion from, I  believe,  Sleeprider.   Works for me.

Thanks that is an interesting idea.  It would then cut off at midnight and as I usually go to bed after that it would be good.    Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 205 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,551 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 616 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 802 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.