Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

looking for a new machine, need help
Cool 
looking for a new machine, need help
Hi
I'm new to this forum I'm looking to buy a new machine, and I'm looking the Airsense 10 autos and the S9 autos for her I'm a male and i have a pressure of 14.
i want to know which one would you recommend, and if there is a difference on the for her machine or not.

tsk for the help

Otto
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: looking for a new machine, need help
There are relatively few differences between the S9 and newer Airsense 10 Autoset. The "for her" versions include an auto pressure algorithm that moves slower than the standard Autoset. Resmed machines respond quite rapidly to pre-apnea cues to head of an obstructive apnea. Things like snores, flow limitation and respiratory volume reductions may proceed obstructive apnea (OA) or hypopnea (H). The Autoset will increase pressure for those precursors, and will reduce pressure when they are not detected. The Autoset For Her, just has an option to use the standard Autoset algorithm, or one that does it more slowly.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let me clarify a little for you. The S9 autos and the Airsense 10 autos have the same algorithms. The S9 Auto For Her is merely pink; the algorithm is the same as the regular S9 Auto. The Airsense 10 For Her Auto has an additional algorithm not available on other machines. The airsense 10 also shows RERAs in the data which the S9 does not.

I have an Airsense 10 for Her and use the For Her algorithm - works best for me. I ALSO have a backup S9 Auto and it works for me as well. Using the standard algorithm, I have to increase my lower pressure about .6 cm to get the same result as the For Her algorithm.

The For Her algorithm addresses events a little faster and more gently than the regular algorithm. This was apparently an issue noted by Resmed scientists. Some men benefit from this as well. It is subtle, but I don't wake up to pressure increases as much with the For Her algorithm. My 95% is about 11.5, so lower than you.

Ultimately, you are fine with either machine and the S9 For Her will save you a lot of money if you have to pay cash given that they are selling these out. The only real disadvantage that I had with an S9 is that my cat would step on the on/off button, turning the machine off in the middle of the night which would wake me up. Finally figured it out from my data what was happening. Since repair places can still get parts for an S8, I'm sure they will be available for a long time with an S9 as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ottok,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with finding a new machine and also with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,151 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,790 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,249 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.