Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

loud lab
loud lab
Can the insurance company tell me which sleep lab I have to use for a new sleep study? I had a bad experience with my last one. they keep me awake all night talking and laughing. I complained to the tech and he brought me some earplugs instead of being quiet.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: loud lab
I believe that you're talking to the wrong person. I'd recommend talking to the Sleep Lab administrator and the prescribing doctor. As far as your insurance, they probably only have a few that are certified by them. You can always ask. The worst they can say is, "No".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes . If you want them to pay they can tell which labs they will accept. You probably can use another one but might have to travel some.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2018, 10:56 AM)jerry1967 Wrote: Can the insurance company tell me which sleep lab I have to use for a new sleep study? I had a bad experience with my last one. they keep me awake all night talking and laughing. I complained to the tech and he brought me some earplugs instead of being quiet.

They're paying the bill, or at least a portion of it, and can impose their discretion on your choices of sleep lab.  It would be an ethical approach to problem-solving if you were to apprise both the insurance company and the director of the lab of your negative experience.  Between the two, one of them should have the integrity to 'do something about it', whether declining to send more clients to that lab or the lab director having a firm discussion with his/her technicians.  I didn't have that unprofessional experience, twice, and neither should you have had to endure that kind of unwanted interference in your health assessment.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you, everybody, just not a very good experience
Post Reply Post Reply
Jerry, the term you're looking for is "in-network". Insurance companies negotiate contracts with providers for these services, and the providers with agreements become in-network. You can get a list of in-network doctors, sleep centers, DMEs etc either onlilne from your insurance company's website, or by asking your insurance company for a list. You can choose from any provider on the list. Just request that your doctor make the referral to your choice from the in-network provider list. The easiest thing to do is call them.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with others above. If it were me, I'd call the insurance customer service and/or coverage line. You want to ask about sleep study locations in-network, as Sleeprider mentioned. Get several locations (3 minimum) starting closest to your home. Call and possibly visit these locations and check online reviews about these as well. You're goal is to get an understanding of what these locations could be like during sleep studies and the overall environment they have.

Helpful hint: if the one you've already visited was the only one allowed, just ask if there's any exceptions allowed for an office in a nearby county, region, etc. due to less than satisfactory testing last time. IMO be very specific as to what happened and why it didn't work well.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can anybody tell me where I can buy an oxygen saturation machine while I am asleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
Can't believe this, when I was diagnosed in Scotland they were in another room and you wouldn't know they were even there! I would complain, how are you meant to get good results and a proper diagnoses if you can't get to sleep for the staff?
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2018, 07:46 AM)jerry1967 Wrote: Can anybody tell me where I can buy an oxygen saturation machine while I am asleep?

Not sure what you are asking for. Do you want an oximeter to measure SpO2?  If so, Supplier #19 comes highly rated, and the owner can help you make a selection. Oximeters come in all prices and styles.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [Equipment] Transcend Micro very loud chipschap 5 963 02-25-2024, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Rkaechler
  New AirSense 10 is very loud. xian67 2 392 12-15-2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. sanger 110 145,257 10-13-2023, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Airsense P11 hose-dry function ends with loud burst - normal? jharuni 5 726 10-13-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: jharuni
  Sleepstyle F&P is very loud bibbie 5 541 09-20-2023, 01:21 PM
Last Post: enigmatic
  Resmed air sense 10 LOUD!! Mike A 6 904 08-18-2022, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Old Steve

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.