Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

low AHI, still exhausted
RE: low AHI, still exhausted
When talking about full face PAP masks, I've not seen any that cover the eyes.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. Here is a example anyway. [Commercial Link Removed]  https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/p...-face-mask

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, There is a specialty mask that does cover the eyes, nose, and mouth. It is rarely needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to have regular mouth leaks and since my preferred mask is the P10 after trying numerous other masks, including full face masks I went on a quest to figure out how to stop the mouth leaks. I have used at various times cervical collars, various kinds of chin straps, practiced the method of training the tongue to stay stuck to the roof of the mouth, boil and bite athletic double sided mouth guards and even resorted to mouth taping using many different brands of tape in the process (but that was a whole separate epic journey...)

The only thing that got my mouth leaks under control AND was comfortable after a short period of adjustment was my dentist creating a rubber based double sided grind guard based on an athletic mouth guard design. The over the counter boil and bite mouth guards never quite fit right and my bite was always mis-aligned in the morning. Not so with the dentist designed grind guard. It fits tightly in the mouth and does not affect my bite in the morning. The only hard part to get used to was the drooling on initial use but once your mouth gets used to it, it greatly diminishes. I have found that my leaks are much more under control now with the occasional leak happening only if the mask gets slightly dislodged from turning. But nothing in large leak territory and the best part about it is I never wake up with dry mouth or in the middle of the night with air rushing out of my mouth. The added benefit is better oral hygiene. As when your mouth gets severely dried out, gingivitis and tooth decay is much more prevalent.

Hope this helps with the mouth leaks for you and others. Come to think of it, I think I may post my experience in the main part of the forum for everyone else that is not following this thread. They may find it informative. I know I would have when I first started out on my quest to help my mouth leaks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes thanks for the correction. I do now recall a face shield looking mask, full face to the extreme. Sorry, my 3 brain cells didn't fire off well.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 1 81 10 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] UARS - Exhausted even with CPAP & EPR Wispy7115 16 1,516 12-16-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Wispy7115
  [Treatment] I've been using my CPAP for a few weeks, and I'm still exhausted. Looking for help. BrendonG92 22 3,283 10-16-2023, 11:00 PM
Last Post: spaceodyssey
  CPAP trial - Improvements but exhausted still prairiesleeper 7 518 10-02-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [CPAP] Exhausted newbie, good stats (?) but more tired mrp80 6 678 09-04-2023, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
Question [Equipment] Still Exhausted Despite Low Events on ASV BIPAP LastLight 6 638 06-16-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: LastLight
  Im exhausted. Please, why am I still waking up so much? emmylouwho 4 620 05-05-2023, 03:07 PM
Last Post: emmylouwho

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.