Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

lucky
lucky
I have to say I'm pretty lucky. even thought I have had some issues and still have a few I can't complain my AHI has been .1 no leaks on my P10 and I'm starting to get some real sleep and it only been 13 days. I'm feeling better (not great but better) and only have thoughts of things getting even better in time I just really couldn't expect more.
wish everyone would respond so well good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: lucky
Hi k_ogre,
It's great to hear that you are having such good results and that you are noticing some improvements, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news! Congrats!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2015, 02:52 AM)k_ogre Wrote: I have to say I'm pretty lucky. even thought I have had some issues and still have a few I can't complain my AHI has been .1 no leaks on my P10 and I'm starting to get some real sleep and it only been 13 days. I'm feeling better (not great but better) and only have thoughts of things getting even better in time I just really couldn't expect more.
wish everyone would respond so well good luck

k_ogre,
It's good to hear your progress. You are off to a good start, but everyone has ups and downs on this CPAP journey. Watch your numbers, but don't obsess too much, as long as you are getting restful sleep and feel good, then you are doing something right.
OpalRose
Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm very happy that your adapting to CPAP so well. Life is full of ups and downs but overall they even out. Just stay positive and think about all the things you can now do much easier. I wish you continued success and happiness with all aspects of your life. Stay close and lean on your family for support with both the good and bad events that are a part of life.

Don't forget that all of us here are part of your family of support.
Post Reply Post Reply
This raises a Q in my mind:

Does where you start from have anything to do with a measure of how effective the therapy might be?

For instance, if you have severe apnea (~60 AHI) and with therapy get it down to under 5, how does that compare to having mild apnea (~25 AHI) and getting it down to under 1? Obviously lower is better, but which is a better measure of how effective the therapy is? Or is this apples vs. oranges?

Regardless, congrats on the great numbers; all that really matters is where you end up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2015, 03:44 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote: This raises a Q in my mind:

Does where you start from have anything to do with a measure of how effective the therapy might be?

For instance, if you have severe apnea (~60 AHI) and with therapy get it down to under 5, how does that compare to having mild apnea (~25 AHI) and getting it down to under 1? Obviously lower is better, but which is a better measure of how effective the therapy is? Or is this apples vs. oranges?

Regardless, congrats on the great numbers; all that really matters is where you end up.

.....size doesn't matter.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Anyone have "my lucky" nasal pillow? TheManseHen 8 3,223 03-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Last Post: herbm
  [News] The Lucky Ones Slick7533 2 1,669 12-13-2014, 05:53 PM
Last Post: surferdude2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.