Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I think there's a problem with IPAP statistics in ResScan
I think there's a problem with IPAP statistics in ResScan
I'm shortly to see my sleep doc. He likes the ResScan statistics summary. I hardly ever use ResScan as I think Sleepyhead is so, so much better.

So I've just looked at my statistics résumé for both programmes, to print out and take with me to the appointment.

Looking at all my 122 days on ASV:

Total hours used, average daily usage, days of use - concordance between ResScan and SH.

Average AHI SH 0.7, ResScan 0.4 - but that is not an important difference.

However - ResScan gives maximum IPAP at 17.2, whereas SH statistics, SH and ResScan bar charts show it to be 23.8 (ResScan bar chart) or 25.0 (SH bar charts and statistics).

Unless all my wave form charts are wrong, 25.0 is the correct max IPAP over my last 122 days. So why is ResScan reporting the max at only 17.2?

Anyone else seen this? And it makes me wonder if some other ResScan summary stats may be wrong.

...............................................................................................
My pressures this week: Auto-ASV 11-14, PS 3-10
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I think there's a problem with IPAP statistics in ResScan
I have a similar issue. The difference is not so great as your with IPAP but is reasonably large with EPAP. In both cases the ResScan statistics record a maximum lower than the ResScan bar charts or SleepyHead. I notice also that the statistics page gives my maximum leak as 15.0 while the barchart shows a couple off the scale over 150. What I suspect is happening is that ResScan is reporting a mean or average maximum rather than the single peak reading. The average maximum would probably be a more useful number for the doctor to consider.

I'm only guessing at this - The ResScan manual says (of statistics generally): Maximum: The maximum value recorded during the selected range.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I think there's a problem with IPAP statistics in ResScan
(03-24-2016, 07:09 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I have a similar issue. The difference is not so great as your with IPAP but is reasonably large with EPAP. In both cases the ResScan statistics record a maximum lower than the ResScan bar charts or SleepyHead. I notice also that the statistics page gives my maximum leak as 15.0 while the barchart shows a couple off the scale over 150. What I suspect is happening is that ResScan is reporting a mean or average maximum rather than the single peak reading. The average maximum would probably be a more useful number for the doctor to consider.

I'm only guessing at this - The ResScan manual says (of statistics generally): Maximum: The maximum value recorded during the selected range.

Thanks, that does makes mathematical sense - Resmed must be taking an 'average maximum' for the statistics summary. My leak info is also discordant and could be explained, I think (quick look at the numbers), by them doing the same thing with leak stats.

But as you state, in fact ResScan's own definition of 'maximum' means something else.

Naughty ResScan! - a Big Bug...

............................................................................................
My pressures this week: Auto-ASV. EPAP 11-14. PS 3-10

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 96 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 227 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,341 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 91 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 376 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 437 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.