Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

macOS "The disk you attached was not readable by this computer."
Question 
macOS "The disk you attached was not readable by this computer."
Hey everyone,

I'm having trouble importing my ResMed AirSense 11 data onto my Mac - steps to reproduce:

1. Eject SanDisk SD card from AirSense 11
  2. Insert SD card into my 2021 MacBook Pro 16"
  3. Get this error: "The disk you attached was not readable by this computer."
After I initialize, what file system should I select in Disk Utility that will work with the AirSense and my Mac?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: macOS "The disk you attached was not readable by this computer."
The Disk Utility format options are:

- FAT
- ExFAT

Will either of those options work with the AirSense 11?
Post Reply Post Reply
You would want a FAT32 format. I would try to avoid any unnecessary loss of data on the primary card. I would hold off on formatting the card until you can verify the same read error on another computer. Or, do you have another card to test with? On the test card, format it with a FAT32 on the Mac. Insert it into the AS11 and let it write its file structure. Take it back out of the AS11 and see if the Mac will read the new one.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.

I tried a couple other SD cards. While formatting as ExFAT did not work, formatting as "MS-DOS (FAT)" does work.

Really happy I can read this on my Mac now.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which MacOS version are you using? Monterey?
And is your Mac the newer M1chip or an Intel chip?

Every SD card from 2GB to 32GB is formatted as FAT32 out of the box and has been the industry standard for years.  It's rather odd that Disk Utility only offers you FAT or ExFAT.
Try this:
  • Remove the SD card from your computer
  • Reboot your computer
  • Insert the SD card again and see if your computer will read it.
Presumably, you are not removing the SD card from your CPAP machine when the light is blinking (meaning the machine is writing data to it).  And you are properly "ejecting" the card from your computer and not just yanking it out.

If you happen to have an external card reader around, try that also.  This could help rule out a faulty built-in reader.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2022, 10:15 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Which MacOS version are you using? Monterey?
And is your Mac the newer M1chip or an Intel chip?

Every SD card from 2GB to 32GB is formatted as FAT32 out of the box and has been the industry standard for years.  It's rather odd that Disk Utility only offers you FAT or ExFAT.
Try this:
  • Remove the SD card from your computer
  • Reboot your computer
  • Insert the SD card again and see if your computer will read it.
Presumably you are not removing the SD card from your CPAP machine while the light is not blinking (meaning the machine is not writing data to it).  And your are properly "ejecting" the card from you computer and not just yanking it out.

If you happen to have an external card reader around, try that also.  This could help rule out a faulty built-in reader.

Thanks for the info.

The solution was to format the card as "MS-DOS (FAT)."

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 236 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 677 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Buidling OSCAR on macOS Sonoma (14.2.1) hisaotsu 2 495 01-08-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Exclaimation Import CSV from computer KK7X 2 546 10-29-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: KK7X
  OSCAR build errors on MacOS JEMH 2 581 08-23-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: JEMH
  Coexistence of software versions on the same pc computer Dzidzia 2 557 07-31-2023, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Dzidzia
Question MADE USER NAME CHANGE TO MY COMPUTER: NEED HELP WITH OSCAR ERROR MESSAGE Plmnb 8 902 04-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.