Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 vs N30i vs DreamWear
P10 vs N30i vs DreamWear
I currently use the ResMed P10 Nasal Pillow system and am very happy with it. My only concern is; I don't have any full-face options should I find myself congested or in need of Full Face mask.

I would love to hear the opinion of those who have used the P10 as well as either the ResMedN30i or DreamWear systems. 
• How do you compare the P10 against the DreamWear Under Nose Mask?
• How do you compare the P10 against the N30i?
• Did you find it difficult to transition?
• Do you transition between the DreamWear Under Nose Mask and DreamWear Full Face mask?
• Preferences between top and front hose attachments?

And for the speculators out there:
• Any thoughts on ResMed creating an adaptable N30i / Full Face system similar to the DreamWear?

I became aware of the DreamWare conversion from the LankyLefty YouTube video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUwIa3xnsDQ

Would love to hear your thoughts.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 vs N30i vs DreamWear
Your better off with the P10. If you need a full face mask I'd go with the Resmed Air Touch.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
After switching to P10 3+ years ago, I have never felt the need to use my full face backup mask (f10). I just increase my fixed pressure if I feel the congestion coming in. If you run on auto, then you Don’t need to do that either.

P10. Because Resistance is futile.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2018, 08:54 PM)AshSF Wrote: P10. Because Resistance is futile.

This ^

No need for a full face mask if congested. I’ve had my share of colds and congestion and nothing works better than the P10.
Dreaming
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the replies.

And yes, I agree with the ability of the P10 to help breath with narrow or congested nasal passages.

I had a septoplasty and turbinate reduction 3 months ago, and while my breathing is 10-fold better than immediately before the surgery, my nasal breathing is still constricted compared to what it used to be. Because of the restriction I have trouble with any mask that covers the bridge of the nose.

My theory is the nasal pillows help "inflate the passages" because their is no equalized pressure from a mask covering the nose and no pressure on the bridge of the nose.

Thus far I've has no need for a FF mask, and why I want to consider the the DreamWear as a FF alternative. In hopes that it overs the same benefits as the P10.

I'm in no hurry, as the p10 is performing terrific and thus far no need for a FF mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used all three masks and this is my brief impression:

P10 - by far the quietest. Caused some discomfort for me, so went back to Dreamwear.

N30i - similar to Dreamwear nasal cushion, but has more of a cradle-like cushion - was comfortable but I have higher leaks and higher AHI compared to Dreamwear. Louder than the P10. I could see ResMed converting this to a full face mask, as the F30 already has a similar nasal cushion interface.

Dreamwear nasal cushion. Fits me the best, gives me consistently lowest AHI, without issues with leaks. Louder than the P10.

Dreamwear full face mask - I couldn't get this to seal, and abandoned it.

ResMed F30 full face mask - the cushion sits under the nose. Seems to seal well for me, and was relatively quiet. I have this for a backup, in case I need a full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hve never used the Dreamwear mask but used the P10 for several years before recently switching to the N30i. The P10 is quieter than the N30i but I like the fact that the N30i doesn't actually go up in your nostril. Because it doesn't, it is absolutely essential that you get it fitted by someone familiar with the mask. As far as transition, the first night with the N30i I was restless because it was different than the P10. From the second night on, no problem. And that's from someone who has tried masked other than the p10 previously and never kept them on more than a couple of hours.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 295 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 345 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,540 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 341 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 423 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 333 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.