Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

making sense of my data for the first time
making sense of my data for the first time
Thanks for the link on how to view data on resmed. That was so helpful.

This is what my data shows
days used 17/30
days >4hrs 6/30
Avg usage 3.8hrs
Pressure 11
Leak 9.6L/min
AHI 0.4
Total AI 0.1
Run Hrs 350.3

I am most confused about Leak 9.6L/min. Is that bad or how to interpret it. Rest seem good except I do need to get my Hrs up.

Do people first test mask is good (where you get the smiley face) as soon as mask is put on (before going to sleep). Or do you just do it by feeling air not leaking.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: making sense of my data for the first time
roym, you want your leaks to be below 24L so it's fine, I have just got so used to putting my mask on, I just chuck it on and press the power button.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the leak shown on the LCD is the 95% value, so at 9.6 you're doing OK. AI and AHI are looking good!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2014, 10:19 PM)roym Wrote: Thanks for the link on how to view data on resmed. That was so helpful.

This is what my data shows
days used 17/30
days >4hrs 6/30
Avg usage 3.8hrs
Pressure 11
Leak 9.6L/min
AHI 0.4
Total AI 0.1
Run Hrs 350.3

I am most confused about Leak 9.6L/min. Is that bad or how to interpret it. Rest seem good except I do need to get my Hrs up.

Do people first test mask is good (where you get the smiley face) as soon as mask is put on (before going to sleep). Or do you just do it by feeling air not leaking.

Your leaks are good. An effective way is to put on the mask, turn on the machine, and test leaks (until you so accustomed to the mask that testing isn't necessary). If the test doesn't last long enough (e.g., you are fiddling with it until the machine goes to therapy) you may need to either recycle the machine or just turn off EPR - most/many of us disabled EPR anyway.

You are correct that you need more hours.

What is interfering with your wearing the mask 100% of the time?

Since you can wear a nasal mask, you can likely also use a nasal pillow mask -- which are typically the MOST comfortable for people who can:

1) Breath through their nose
2) Keep their mouth shut (with or without using a strap)

Try to commit to wearing the mask 100% of the time you are (trying to) sleep.

We'll help you work out the issues that are discouraging you from doing this already.....

Do you have a "compliance" threshold from the insurance company that will help motivate you to get in more days over > 4 hours? (Most people need 21/30 days in a single 30 day period to convince the insurance to let them keep the machine.)

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 605 Yesterday, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,455 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 595 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 836 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 624 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.