Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

"marks" on my face (sorry for my english)
"marks" on my face (sorry for my english)
Hi

I've been using resmed auto 10 for about a month now, it feels really good during the day. But my problem is that the full mask gives me "marks" on my face, hope you understand.

Over my nose and down on my chin, if I lossen the straps, the mask will leak. I've some beard, but not that much.

Also marks on my chin, but the marks over my nose are the worst, any suggestions?

Hope you all understand my english, from Norway and some of my english aint that good anymore Smile

Frode
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: "marks" on my face (sorry for my english)
Marks are common. The problem is when they start making sore areas or create tenderness that does not go away.

There are products to use with full face masks to help with both the seal and the marking. There are liners (made of cloth) and there are pads (made of gel). The liners cover the entire edge of the mask between you and it. The pads fit at the top at the bridge of the nose.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi PaulaO2

Thanks for answering, these liners and gel pads, are they common in drugstores, or do you have to contact your own doctor/hospital?
Post Reply Post Reply
They should be available through wherever you got your mask. The liners I use are by RemZzz and the most popular pads are by Gecko. There's also Pad A Cheek liners. Check our Supplier's List (link at top of every page). Several on the list ship internationally and have been used by members here who live outside the US. I think Supplier #10 is well liked.

Just go to their site and do a search for "liner" and for "gecko".
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for helping me.

I got some feeling that my mask maybe its a little to small for me, its a "m" size mask, and when its on, its just below my lower lip and and a little down on my nose from my forehead. But I'll take a look at the liners and gel pads.

Frode
Post Reply Post Reply
Many masks will seal with a looser fit. Try relaxing the straps so the mask can be lifted off your face and it will gently form a seal. If it requires the straps to be too tight, the fit may be wrong.

Mask liners usually fix leak and comfort problems, but may make a poor (too small) fit worse.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try the next size up then.

Or you could use a chin strap and either a nasal mask or nasal pillow.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2015, 11:24 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Many masks will seal with a looser fit. Try relaxing the straps so the mask can be lifted off your face and it will gently form a seal. If it requires the straps to be too tight, the fit may be wrong.

Mask liners usually fix leak and comfort problems, but may make a poor (too small) fit worse.

Sleeprider is right. In my early days, I went through a series of masks and cinched them tighter to fight leaks. Finally I hit on the right one for me (Simplus) and wear it loosely (sort of floats on my face) with minimal leaks. Keep trying...

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Frode Molland,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The mask is the hardest part of this therapy. Just keep trying 'till you find a mask that works for you.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi

A little update, went to the hospital today about my mask, and I got a size up mask so I'll test it tonight Smile

Frode
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 514 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [CPAP] BMC G3 A20 SD Card English Language file aabman 12 2,037 03-07-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 396 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 594 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 168 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 264 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.