Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mask appointment question
mask appointment question
are you supposed to take your whole machine to mask fitting appointment with your dme? or your current mask? I can't remember if they said I should. sigh...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: mask appointment question
(12-08-2014, 03:48 PM)DariaVader Wrote: are you supposed to take your whole machine to mask fitting appointment with your dme? or your current mask? I can't remember if they said I should. sigh...

If it were me I'd bring my mask only Smile

Mr. Van Winkle
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks, that's what I will do. leaving now for that appt... Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
and now I am the proud owner of an Airfit P10. It's great because they sent me home with the FX too, so now I have a spare so that I can wash one... here in damp Oregon I don't trust them to dry out in a single day!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DariaVader,
I hope you like your new mask and it's good that you were able to keep your other one to have an alternate so you can switch back and forth .
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The P10 is a lovely mask, so light and comfortable.
Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
Although it may still be insufficient in Oregon, thoroughly shaking or even 'swinging' the mask or hose can remove a lot more water and allow them to dry more quickly.

Be careful if 'swinging' as doing this over-enthusiastically can cause damage or just increase wear and tear on the parts.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2014, 10:03 AM)herbm Wrote: Although it may still be insufficient in Oregon, thoroughly shaking or even 'swinging' the mask or hose can remove a lot more water and allow them to dry more quickly.

Be careful if 'swinging' as doing this over-enthusiastically can cause damage or just increase wear and tear on the parts.

yeah, i have been swinging it, and wondering if it is ok to do that Big Grin and then putting it on the machine and putting it into mask fit mode a couple times. rather just hang it over the door for an extra day and less fiddling! Smile

I slept very well with the p10, wow, it is quiet! The only way to tell it's actually on (besides the fact you struggle to breathe thru a mask if it's not) is to open mouth and let a ball of air escape Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
You have been assimilated by that other Oregonian, Retired_Guy, who is looking for converts to the P10!
[Image: King.gif]

He is the Borg. Resistance is futile.

[Image: party.gif]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Daria if you want to dry your tube quickly get a micro fiber cloth tie a length of fishing line to a corner of it. Get a new nut from the hardware store that will drop thru the hose and tie that to the other end of fishing line.

Drop the nut thru grasp the fishing line and pull the microfiber cloth thru the tube. One or two pulls you have a dry hose.

Not my original idea. Picked it here or someplace on the net. But it works. Microfiber cloths wont leave any lint etc in the hose either.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 143 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 485 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 333 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 431 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question QUICK QUESTION [mask leak issues] johduv 6 589 09-27-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Newbie Question about mask and hose compatability stalemate365 0 378 05-31-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: stalemate365
Question Dreamwear Full Face Mask Question. egmonster 2 580 04-07-2023, 10:00 AM
Last Post: egmonster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.