Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: mirage quattro
Humidifier: resperonics
CPAP Pressure: 10-14.5
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed
mask blockage- self imposed
I cleaned my equipment and left a dry paper towel in mask as is my custom . . I found out after sleeping with it in there 6 hours and attempting to put mask back on after a bath break . Never felt any symptoms . In my defense it was low light and I just had eye surgery on both eyes. I have to laugh at myself , I would not have thought it possible. But entirely my fault.
Slept through 2 hours of a power outage another night- didn't bother me , but it sure showed up on sleepy head.
I do remember putting my hand in front of my mask vents to make sure it came on when I turned in .
I have the pad a cheek liner so I felt that with my nose but not the drying towel , I put the mask together in low light and installed the liner/headgear that had been drying all day. Connected the hose /hit the on button and checked the vent with my hand after I had laid down .
Next time my fingers will check the inside of the mask for anything that could fall in there.
I'm sharing this as a caution to others , a plastic bag near your cpap machine or something getting into your mask is a real danger to us older sight impaired cpapers.
I'm sure it helped that I had the auto apap machine. Must have tried to compensate some.
Make sure you eye ball all your equipment/intake vents and all often.
08-25-2013 05:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

RE: mask blockage- self imposed
Hi knightlite,
Thanks for sharing this post, I'm sure it will be helpful to others and better luck next time, )Ha-Ha.)
By The Way, I hope your eye surgery went well.

trish6hundred
08-25-2013 05:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Blockage during exhale - Uvula/Soft Palate mikemky 27 18,781 10-26-2016 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Nasal Exhale Blockage & Machine/Feature Choice txpap 1 324 07-11-2016 07:02 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Question Blockage of right side of nose in middle of night - turbinates? Any ideas to prevent? green wings 22 1,798 02-16-2016 08:11 PM
Last Post: green wings
  Sleep Apnea and Nose Blockage SleepMelb 6 1,373 12-25-2015 09:16 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  AirSenseâ„¢ 10 AutoSetâ„¢ Problems Not Recording & Tube Blockage Errors Pugman 11 1,663 12-05-2015 05:51 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Airsense Autoset error, blockage in tube Possum 9 3,106 11-02-2015 02:12 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Nasal pillows and partial blockage Sn00zeAlarm 11 2,870 05-10-2015 08:24 AM
Last Post: pholynyk