Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mask blockage- self imposed
mask blockage- self imposed
I cleaned my equipment and left a dry paper towel in mask as is my custom . . I found out after sleeping with it in there 6 hours and attempting to put mask back on after a bath break . Never felt any symptoms . In my defense it was low light and I just had eye surgery on both eyes. I have to laugh at myself , I would not have thought it possible. But entirely my fault.
Slept through 2 hours of a power outage another night- didn't bother me , but it sure showed up on sleepy head.
I do remember putting my hand in front of my mask vents to make sure it came on when I turned in .
I have the pad a cheek liner so I felt that with my nose but not the drying towel , I put the mask together in low light and installed the liner/headgear that had been drying all day. Connected the hose /hit the on button and checked the vent with my hand after I had laid down .
Next time my fingers will check the inside of the mask for anything that could fall in there.
I'm sharing this as a caution to others , a plastic bag near your cpap machine or something getting into your mask is a real danger to us older sight impaired cpapers.
I'm sure it helped that I had the auto apap machine. Must have tried to compensate some.
Make sure you eye ball all your equipment/intake vents and all often.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: mask blockage- self imposed
Hi knightlite,
Thanks for sharing this post, I'm sure it will be helpful to others and better luck next time, )Ha-Ha.)
By The Way, I hope your eye surgery went well.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Blockage during exhale - Uvula/Soft Palate mikemky 86 67,447 12-19-2022, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,211 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,757 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad My life has become living hell [nose blockage] arc0509 62 10,543 07-01-2021, 01:39 AM
Last Post: arc0509
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,424 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.