Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flow Rate - what is this ?
Flow Rate - what is this ?
Hi Folks,

I was looking back through my data on Oscar and I noticed something that I haven't seen before on my flow rate graphs. I probably have around 2 years worth of data which generally shows an  AHI of < 0.8, but I wake up just as tired as when I went to bed. My flow rate generally has a lot of noise, swings between +/- 30 and I have around 25 recovery breaths over an 8 hour period....

I noticed, looking back, in March, one night there was a 30 minute period from ~ 2:45 am to 3:15 am where my breath dropped to +/- 20, the pattern was uniform and rhythmic, resp rate was a flat 10, and my exhale was more relaxed with Exp. Time ~ = Insp. Time. I'm assuming this is pattern is good but what is it, how is described ? What are some of the key words for a search for treads here, or on Pubmed, related to this pattern ?

Attached is a screenshot of the overall night from March,

a 2 minute view from the 30 minute period in question,

and a typical recovery breath (for me) with a more aggressive exhale and a pattern that I typically see night after night...

Now that I'm looking for this, I see very small periods  2 -5 minutes of this pattern, here and there, but not very often

Thanks for any feedback...

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Flow Rate - what is this ?
Welcome to Apnea Board. You should include one OSCAR shot of the left panel being visible so that the info there is on record so to speak. Please review the link in my signature for chart setup for suggestions.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 234 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 294 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 107 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,603 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.