Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mask fitting
Question 
mask fitting
HI! I have searched and searched for the mask fitting tutorial that one of the experienced members posted on here. I just can't find it - I know it is here - sorry for the inconvenience, but could it be reposted?
The past few nights I have been having terrible leaks with my nasal mask. Terrible as in I was having very little and now it is up to the very high end of acceptable. It wakes me up. Maybe I need to replace my nasal cushion although I have 2 and used them both and I have only been on CPAP for 3 months. Not sure what my insurance company's policy is regarding replacement masks - I'll have to see. I have tried all of the things I ususally do as far as adjusting the mask but it is not seeming to help.
Add to that my husband is on his second night of CPAP and his Swift LT nasal pillows leaked like a sieve - could hear it all night long - I was used to the snoring Bigwink but not the leaking. As a result he did not sleep well and was grumpy and went back to bed - with the mask on of course!! He was complaining that he couldn't breathe and hated the "hot" air so I turned his ramp off and turned the humidity down. How do you do the passover of humidity? Just turn the humidifier off? Still use the Climate Line hosing or slim line? He has an S9 Autoset like me.
On the plus side I have reduced my AHI a lot by some simple tweaking - I will post about that in a seperate post.Thanks for all your help on this invaluable forum!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: mask fitting
Beth,

Try this link:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...GUARANTEED
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe this is the thread you're talking about...hope it helps! Great-info

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...GUARANTEED
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, at least we gave the same link!!! Laugh-a-lot Dielaughing
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2012, 07:50 AM)bobg1946 Wrote: Well, at least we gave the same link!!! Laugh-a-lot Dielaughing

Yeppers! You might not have beat me if I hadn't taken the time to insert my Great Information smiley! Coffee
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
that's the one!! Thanks to both of you!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Turning his ramp off if he feels sufficating is fine.

Your are correct.. In humidifier passover mode, all you need to do is to turn off the humidifier, but keep water in the container which will still give him some humidification but not heated.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Look through Swift LT fitting instructions and trouble shooting in the user guide
http://www.resmed.com/au/products/swift_...c=patients
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone! He refitted his mask making it looser and I showed him how to turn the ramp off. He took a nap today and had much better results. I jut told him we should think about cooking dinner as it was 7:00. He said, "we will probably be up until 11 or 12"
This from the guy who normally can barely make it to 9:00 Wink
He is really committed to it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this normal: Newly diagnosed, no mask fitting? amyK 2 434 06-06-2023, 08:47 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,208 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Mask leak from hose fitting? kaper 4 4,493 04-18-2022, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,748 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Question about fitting Amara View struts 2 576 07-27-2021, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Boxermum
  Upcoming Full face mask fitting at DME provider, facial shape considerations Rgn3 13 1,426 06-15-2021, 10:45 PM
Last Post: hegel

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.