Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Report and Open Mouth Sleeping
RE: ResMed Report and Open Mouth Sleeping
(03-19-2014, 07:27 AM)brianps Wrote: Update:

I got into the Advanced Info as suggested by Zonk, and got the following for the 30-day period:
Leak = 7L/min. and AHI 0.8, total AI 0.6, Central AI 0.0

These numbers seem OK to me, but can folks with more experience than I have comment please?

Thanks again!

Wow excellent numbers, I am on day 2, last night I took my mask off twice, totaling < 3.5 hours when the night was done. Don't even remember taking the mask off. First time, wife wakes up, baby, put your mask on...open eyes there it sits, put it back on, wake up at 5:00am, there sits mask, ugh.

Gosh I have severe apnea, I so hope I get use to this. I have the ResMed Quattro Air, love the mask, albeit for a beginner, very easy to remove....it appears :-(
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Report and Open Mouth Sleeping
I believe you have in your 'settings', the ability to turn the auto on/off to 'off', and then turn the 'high leak alarm' to 'on'. If you did this, simply taking the mask off would not turn your machine off, and about 10-15 seconds after taking the mask off, the alarm would go on, and would not stop until either the mask was put back on, or the machine was turned off.

This might help?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 34 11 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 376 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 317 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 823 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.