Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mask leaking problem/nervous about SleepyHead
mask leaking problem/nervous about SleepyHead
I've now had my new ResMed AirSense 10, which I use with a nasal pillows mask called With FX for Her, for a couple of weeks.  I had major problems the first few nights because I now know the maximum pressure was set too high.  I saw the sleep doc at the lab where I had the sleep study done, so the pressure now seems fine.  But for the last few nights when I read the results from MyAir website, I find that my mask was not properly sealed.  Husband said he could hear escaping air last night. Using the My Air website, I see that my overall score has fallen.  I tried to download SleepyHead but it was blocked from my iMac since "not from an identified developer."  Any suggestions for mask leakage problems?  Reassurances RE SleepyHead safety?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: mask leaking problem/nervous about SleepyHead
Sleepyhead is just fine. The vast majority of us use it - some can't since it doesn't support all machines but it does support yours. I suggest you download it and post your data here for further help with solving your leak problem. Others with your same mask may have some particular help in the proper fitting of your mask.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
One of our forum members has written an excellent mask primer that has a section on managing leaks. You can find it here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer

I think you will find it helpful.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello

I have the same problem in that sleepyhead download is blocked from my MacAir. Apparently it can be unblocked-does anyone know how to do that? Like you-I have registered with Resmed and am 'scored' on their 'myAir web'. However it is not as detailed as sleepyhead (that I see here) and I feel the overall score is rounded of by the variety of factors of usage hours, mask leak and taking mask on or off. So I do not feel I am well informed and it can be deceptive. 

There is much written about mask leakage and I have the same problem with my full face mask to the extent it interferes with my ability to fall asleep and often wakes me up after I have fallen asleep.

I have read the advice given and have tried to install the changes but it is not 100% successful.

I am wondering if nasal pillows would provide more effective seal as had been noted-there is less perimeter to leak from.

Would love to read of other's experiences. Thanks.

Apnea Infant.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2017, 11:06 AM)Apnea Infant Wrote: Hello

I have the same problem in that sleepyhead download is blocked from my MacAir. Apparently it can be unblocked-does anyone know how to do that? 

You will likely get more responses if you post your request to the Software support forum.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-S...port-Forum
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 7 632 03-29-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,932 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,498 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,845 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 375 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 405 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
  Dumb Question - Just nervous and want some clarification kc90 5 335 02-09-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.