Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Am I doing something wrong?
Question 
Am I doing something wrong?
Hi!

Well, I've been using a Dreamstation APAP + Dreamwear for a few nights, and I'm a little confused about my results, maybe you can help me.

The first few nights I was trying for different pressures, until I got the best result with min 6 max 8, I kept that setting, but the last two nights I started to get worse AHI, is that normal? should I increase my pressure?

I'm using a cervical collar but still wake up sometimes with like bubbles trying to get out my mouth. Although I don't have mayor leaks. 

Just to let you know, I don't drink or do illegal drugs. But got my tonsils removed 1 month an a week ago. My soft palate seems a little weird, like I "feel it too much" but I don't know if it's because of the surgery or maybe the pressure of the CPAP? Do you think I should stop my treatment?

Thanks

[Image: qlwT6hm.png]

[Image: SWZgz3X.png]

[Image: jYFhGnv.png]

[Image: 2MkYVSz.png]

[Image: USZM0xD.png]

[Image: yD73RKY.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Am I doing something wrong?
Doesn't look to me like you are doing anything wrong. Your numbers look good and are under 5 which is considered "treated." Don't worry about the fluctuations too much, you are still getting used to the treatment, but even those who are on this for a lot longer get fluctuations in the total AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is a lot of information and overall good results. There will be considerable variation from night to night, and I think that is most of what you're seeing. I like the minimum pressure of 6.5, just based on flow limitation and other indications of obstructive events, and I would not rule out try ing 7.0. The cervical collar is working pretty good, and I think some variation in your results is from the inconsistency in your sleep position; however you are getting good control of events with relatively low pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fluctuations in AHI are normal...

Many things can alter it, hours on CPAP for the night, depth of sleep reached, disturbances occurring during the night (both external and personal).

Don't stress about the odd "bad night" that happens now and then.. this is why I look at my week/month averages rather than an individual night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't stop! You're doing great!

Your numbers are like mine (from 0-3 AHI). The numbers will always fluctuate slightly - our bodies aren't robots. My body feels great... so onward we go. Stick with it - it's working!

P.S. Bienvenidos. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
My AHI topped out at 3.66 last night, but my 30 day average is 1.24 -- so I'm not stressed about the "high" number last night.

I need to be a bit more diligent on my sleep hours each night though, my average has dropped a little, and that is something that really does affect my fatigue levels.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please give settings several days for your body to acclimate.

I see some days where you made changes back to back and you may not have enough time at the setting to see if, on the average, it is optimal for you.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 543 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,460 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 321 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 471 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 574 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is there something obviously wrong with my CPAP use? [pull off mask while asleep] Cpapaya 4 673 08-16-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Wrong times on my OSCAR graphs Steve P 1 458 07-16-2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: David Clark

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.