Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mask liner for resmed airfit F30i?
RE: mask liner for resmed airfit F30i?
I think you will like it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2022, 07:44 PM)hegel Wrote: I just ordered the anti leak strap for the F30 resmed. Anyone tried this? Yes, I know I should have asked first and purchased or passed later, but I'd really like to get this mask working for me again! My best mask, when it worked.

please let u s know how it works out .. would love to get my F30 working for me .. just way to many large leaks during the night waking me up
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have the PadACheek liner for the F30 and the anti-leak strap. The fabric is really soft and silky. In the end, I didn't use it a lot because I just don't get on with the F30, but the anti-leak strap definitely shifts the way the mask sits. But that said, it does fit snugly and feels really nice.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sincerely hope it works for you. In the three minths I have been on this I have spent about $200 out of pocket in glues, tapes, chin straps, liners, tubing. Thank goodness I finally worked it all out.  Good luck. Hugs
Post Reply Post Reply
Glues? I'[m not ready to glue a mask on my face...yet. Still...if that fixes leaks....
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2022, 03:57 PM)hegel Wrote: Glues? I'[m not ready to glue a mask on my face...yet. Still...if that fixes leaks....

Lol.  I started out with a P10 mask and most of that expense was trying to keep my mouth closed. None of it worked, so I changed to a hybrid full face mask. I am trying to make the point that sometimes it takes trying a lot of things to find what works for you and it can be expensive. Clearly I was not articulate in expressing that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I received the padacheek liner for the F30i and tried it last night. Previously the F30i caused significant sore spots at each side of my nose to the point that I had to quit using it out of fear of developing pressure sores. I switched the F&P Vitera which has different contact points to allow the spots from the F30i to heal. Unfortunately the Vitera irritates the bridge of my nose and the skin on both sides of my nose so I was hoping switching back to the F30i with the liner would be successful. Unfortunately, although the liner eliminated leak issues I had previously with the F30i, the soreness at the sides of my nose was as bad as ever. The liner seemed to offer no improvement. The problem facing me now is that it’s too soon to go back to the Vitera but I’m not sure I can continue with the F30i. I’ve ordered some thin hydrocolloid wound dressing from Amazon but it’s been lost in the mail. Oh-jeez

I had high hopes but the padacheek liner gets a thumbs down from me. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
That's unfortunate. Maybe the combination of the liner and hydrocolloid dressing will make it work in the future. Is it rubbing on the outside of your nostrils, or the outer curve of your nose?

It's such a shame that the Mirage Liberty was replaced by the F30. That is a hybrid FFM, but it has the combination of an oral mask and pillows instead. I actually managed to find one (and I've not got around to trying it yet) but I got it for the same reason, I just didn't get on with the nose part of the F30.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2022, 02:53 PM)Ratchick Wrote: That's unfortunate. Maybe the combination of the liner and hydrocolloid dressing will make it work in the future. Is it rubbing on the outside of your nostrils, or the outer curve of your nose?
The sore spots are not on my nose but on my face where the rounded "corners" of the cushion make contact. I believe those are the points where the most pressure from the straps is exerted.
Post Reply Post Reply
This looks interesting, I just picked up an F30i to have something when I'm too congested for nasal pillows, but it leaks like crazy (I have a goatee). Maybe this will help with mask seal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,630 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,628 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 9 16,898 04-03-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,501 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,934 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,281 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,718 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.