Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mask liner for resmed airfit F30i?
RE: mask liner for resmed airfit F30i?
I received the Pad a Cheek anit leak strap. I haven't been using the F30 for several years because of leaks. this mask used to work great for me, with few leaks, but it when i grew my goatee back, it started leaking. I've mostly gone back to nasal pillows with some attempts to get full face masks to work, but they all leak too much. It's finally hit me that the goatee is likely to blame.

anyway. I spent parts of the first two nights with the anti leak strap not sleeping well with the f30 and swapping out mid night. then, over the last two nights, the mask has worked well! Fewer leaks than with my nasal P301, which is what I want. It's too early to draw any conclusions, but I'll get back after several more nights to say if the strap really is helping, or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Granny7 I am sorry that the liner did not work for you. Liners are nothing more than really thin cloth/ microfiber, etc., and not meant to eliminate pressure points. I think they are merely for skin issues. 

I am not sure if I totally understand your problem, BUT it may be the same thing that I had a problem with using the F30i. I hope I can explain it. I liked the F30i but, the hard plastic on the mask pressed on my cheekbones in either side of my nose and made them sore. Is this what is bothering you?

I solved  this problem by going to the F30. As you can see it has nothing pressing on your cheekbones but the soft silicone mask. 

I thought the top of the head hose was nice but found that I like the regular connection of the F30 better and the mask is way more comfortable. 

I understand the frustration of spending money to no avail trying to find that Holy Grail mask.

Keep trying though.  It is out there somewhere.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2022, 03:41 PM)hegel Wrote: I received the Pad a Cheek anit leak strap. I haven't been using the F30 for several years because of leaks. this mask used to work great for me, with few leaks, but it when i grew my goatee back, it started leaking. I've mostly gone back to nasal pillows with some attempts to get full face masks to work, but they all leak too much. It's finally hit me that the goatee is likely to blame.

anyway. I spent parts of the first two nights with the anti leak strap not sleeping well with the f30 and swapping out mid night. then, over the last two nights, the mask has worked well! Fewer leaks than with my nasal P301, which is what I want. It's too early to draw any conclusions, but I'll get back after several more nights to say if the strap really is helping, or not.
I sincerely hope it continues to work for you!  I changed out the F30 strap for an Amara View strap that secures the top of the mask better for me was way more comfortable.  That might be something you might try if it starts leaking again?
Post Reply Post Reply
Over several nights--5?--the anti leak strap seems to be mostly working. My leak rate is very low over many hours---and then will blow up badly for a five or six minute period sometime in the night. Apparently I make an adjustment and then the mask stops leaking again for the rest of the night. So I end up with a high leak rate--5 mins or so--but all concentrated in one period of time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ratchick have you tried that mask?

It's such a shame that the Mirage Liberty was replaced by the F30. That is a hybrid FFM, but it has the combination of an oral mask and pillows instead. I actually managed to find one (and I've not got around to trying it yet) but I got it for the same reason, I just didn't get on with the nose part of the F30.

DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Resmed F30i Mask ditron1 3 119 Yesterday, 11:33 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 76 6,167 04-20-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 11 17,261 04-20-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: cps22
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 140 35,975 04-20-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: backdoc
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,569 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 5,041 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,360 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.