Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mask liners F30i face mask
mask liners F30i face mask
I'm having problems with mask leaks .. they wake me up at night .. so I thought I would try a liner .. got a good one that fits perfectly ... used it last night.. it was totally quiet .. I thought I had a perfect night, 'till I looked at the data .. 30% high leakage .. seems that the liner absorbs the sound so I thought it was not leaking .. bummer.. anyone else tried liners? results?

just got a cpap pillow and I'll try that tonight to see if that helps with mask leaks.

charlie
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: mask liners F30i face mask
I use this mask and silent night has the liners I use.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you resolve your issue with the mask leaks?  I have the F30i and the sound from leaking on the sides wakes me up at night, although the machine says there is no leakage.  I was thinking of trying liners.  Did you find any liners that worked for you?  If so what kind are they?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2021, 02:08 AM)SuzieQsleep Wrote: Did you resolve your issue with the mask leaks?  I have the F30i and the sound from leaking on the sides wakes me up at night, although the machine says there is no leakage.  I was thinking of trying liners.  Did you find any liners that worked for you?  If so what kind are they?

SuzieQ
I did resolve 98% of my mask leaks ... but not with the mask liners .. I purchased good ones, made specifically for the F30i .. the mask is more comfortable with the liner than w/o it .. but all it did for me was to silence the hissing noise and the "tickle" of the air escaping .. worthwhile effort but I was hoping to really get rid of leaks altogether. I could lower the leak rate by tightening up the mask.. it doesn't hurt as much being tight because of the liner cushioning effect.
I am NOT using them anymore as I have found other ways to attack the problem .. here is the link for the liners:  https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B098TZRRY6?r...tails&th=1

I have 4 different masks .. nasal cushion, nasal pillow, & full face masks  F301, and F30 (hose attaches in front instead of on top of the head) ..
I had leakage problems with the first three masks ... then I purchased a cpap pillow (cutouts on the ends for side sleeping), a chin strap that fits mostly  under the chin with just enough over the chin to hold it in place   it firmly keeps my mouth closed (evidently I'm a mouth breather), and a collar that keeps my head up so I don't close off the airways ... this combination has given me just about perfect results over the past week ... minimal leaks and minimal AHI's (highest was 0.1) .. (No more mouth breathing or dry mouth ,so I can now use nasal masks!)   tried the F30 just once and I liked the hose in front better than on top (that surprised me). I do have to keep the full face masks tighter than I would like .. marks my face for a few hours after I get up in the morning .. but small price to pay.

Next I'm ordering another nasal cushion mask (airfit N30)  - hose in front ... I'm thinking that will be my mask of choice.. but only time will tell.

this screen shot of one of the nasal mask tests..

charlie

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
Charlie,

Thanks for the information!  I am in in my second month of using a CPAP machine.  First I tried the N30i and loved it except that my nose gets stuffed at night and so I have to breathe through my mouth at times.  So then I tried the F30i which I can breathe much better with, but the noise of it flapping on my checks wakes me up.  I am going to order the liners in the link you provided and give them a try!  Do you recommend the CPAP pillow you bought?  If so, do you happen to have a link for it?  Why do you like the hose attached on the front better than on top of your head?  

SuzieQ
Post Reply Post Reply
SuaieQ

the hose in the front mask is much, much quieter.. and don't get the air blowing out the vent holes like the F30i .. but I have to use it more to fully evaluate it.
as for the pillow .. I didn't research.. just picked one.. and it seems to work OK .. here is the link:   https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L...UTF8&psc=1
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much foryour posts! You've helped me a lot.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
What chin strap do you use, and pillow? 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 35 5 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 87 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,578 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 120 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 522 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.