Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mask setting with dreamwear
RE: mask setting with dreamwear
I know this is an old thread, but I had the same question.  I called ResMed but they were no help.

The Philips Dreamwear mask is available in two versions.  They make a version with Nasal Cushions and another version that uses Nasal Pillows.  I believe that Nasal Cushion model came out first and the Nasal Pillow models followed.

The manual for the Dreamwear that uses the Nasal Cushion indicates that with a DreamStation, you should set the mask setting to X1.  That is the same setting that you'd use on the Dreamstation if you have one of Philips regular Nasal masks. Since one of Philips regular nasal masks would be designated as a nasal mask on the AirSense and since the Dreamwear with the Nasal Cushion uses the same X1 setting on the DreamStation, it follows that when using the Airsense 10 with a Dreamwear that has Nasal Cushions, you'd use the "Nasal" mask type.

I have not been able to locate a manual for the Dreamwear that uses the Nasal Pillow anywhere online, but I'd bet that it indicates you should set the mask setting to X2.  If anyone has one, I'd appreciate confirmation on this.  Other Philips masks that use nasal pillows (like the Nuance) indicate that you should set the mask setting to X2.  

So, my conclusion is that if you're using the Dreamwear that has the Nasal Cushions on an Airsense, you should probably set the Mask Type to Nasal.  I reached that conclusion because the manual for that mask indicates that you'd set a DreamStation to X1, which is the same setting you'd use on the DreamStation if you had a nasal mask.

If you're using the Dreamwear that has the Nasal Pillows, you should probably set the Mask Type to Pillow.  I'm less confident on this conclusion since I have never seen the manual for the Dreamwear with Nasal Pillows.  If it exists and says X1, rather than X2 as I'm guessing, then you'd set the mask type to Nasal on the Airsense.

I welcome any thoughts on my analysis.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 160 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,204 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 859 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 296 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 426 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 389 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.