Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

max & combining sessions option in oscar
max & combining sessions option in oscar
there are a number of missing statistics for the resmed asv in oscar which I'm not listing here because I assume the developers are aware of them.  

instead I want to add my 2 cents about the max that's not really max in the daily tab statistics.  under any circumstances the column heading should be accurate.  if it's not max but some other % it should say so.  more importantly, I think max is useful for flow limitations, snores and leaks, at least, and suggest they be reported again.  in the final analysis I guess I think max is okay for all variables, even if I don't look very often at the max for the ones not listed in this paragraph, because 95% is already reported.  to me, 98 or 99%, particularly mislabeled as max, is more confusing than useful. 

also, as I've asked elsewhere, please put back the 2 options for not combining and ignoring sessions for resmed machines.  because fragmentation is a big issue for me, I'd like to see and document all sessions.  plus the fact that one's not likely to be asleep during the really short ones so there's potential for data skewing.  besides, turning individual sessions off (one by one) is already an option at the bottom left of the daily tab.   

thanks for considering these preferences.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: max & combining sessions option in oscar
well, I've seen double posts in the same thread before but this is the first time I've seen double threads. I don't know how that happened.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2019, 02:17 PM)sheepless Wrote: well, I've seen double posts in the same thread before but this is the first time I've seen double threads.  I don't know how that happened.

I deleted the other “duplicate” thread. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The max reporting should match what Resscan the manufacturer displays on either Resscan or the machine console rather than any other number

From a quick look Resscan seems to not use the true maximum on some graphs such as leak it may be the 99% figure it may be some other derivative but in my opinion we should match Resmed figures ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't really follow any of that but I do know there have been conversations on this forum about having changed the max to something other than max in SH 1.1.0 and therefore oscar.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2019, 02:13 PM)sheepless Wrote: I think max is useful for flow limitations, snores and leaks, at least, and suggest they be reported again.

Personally, I think that max for leaks is not useful.  For example, I disconnect the mask for a short while, then connect it again.  The leak graph now shows a 120 lpm leak.  It is not useful to show that as the maximum leak number as it is not really a "leak" even though it has been recorded as one.  I've not given thought to maximum values for flow limitations and snores, so have no comment on the best measure for them.

I've logged your point about proper column labeling.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I never remove mask or disconnect hose without first turning the blower off. but I get your point. I still think something other than max is more confusing than useful given that 95% is already uniformly reported.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 90 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 217 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  Oscar File Export Sessions DanEm 32 2,049 09-07-2023, 01:32 AM
Last Post: DanEm
  Sessions are all off KStanLD 4 729 07-07-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: KStanLD
  How do I view multiple sessions during same day? MIguy7 6 588 04-30-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: MIguy7
  combining multi data source chris mdp 10 1,251 04-01-2023, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Cam12
Exclaimation OSCAR doesn't import small sessions ResScan does import PjotterHasApn 2 540 02-28-2023, 04:03 AM
Last Post: PjotterHasApn

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.