Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

meditation
RE: meditation
But if it helps it cost nothing to try it.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Well said Paula02, OpalRose, SuperSleeper and others.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2018, 02:15 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Meditation, I couldn't concentrate long enough for that!!!

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: h7Z3SBz.jpg]

I'm feeling better already!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow this board has gone to the dogs. On coffee break in whatever state I'm in. lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2018, 06:09 AM)OpalRose Wrote: No need to “dump” or lock a thread just because we disagree.  You can have opinions and discuss with civility.

It's not about opinions.  The OP made claims of medical benefit for which he provided no evidence, and for which there is, so far as I know, no proper studies that show medical benefit.  The board should, in my opinion, be very careful about allowing such claims to be made here.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP is suggesting that meditation can replace CPAP to relief OSA. If OP said it can be used together with CPAP, then go for it man.
If the mods are okay with claims like this, then alright. I, for one, is very against psuedo-science when it comes to potentially life-threatening condition like this.
It is not only detrimental to the treatment, it is patently irresponsible.
Post Reply Post Reply
Censorship is a slippery slope. Isn't it better to have the post out there so it can be disputed so people can learn from the discussion? That's one of the reason's it's not removed.

Besides if people got kicked off for stupid posts I'd have been removed long ago.  

I know what your thinking but don't say it.  Big Grin
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think this is a topic that needs no moderation, even when "claims" are made which some find to be "over-the-top".  In this thread, others have expressed their doubt as to the claim that meditation can take the place of CPAP, so someone happening upon this thread will get both views and can judge for themselves, given the posts here. All are free to reply and discuss, including the OP.

As long as the forum rules are kept, we're all about freedom of speech around here.  Best way to handle what you think is incorrect information or faulty advice is to offer an alternative to that advice based upon your own logic, knowledge and experiences.  That's what makes this a discussion topic.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2018, 11:30 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: …  That said, there are some things that these types of mind-exercises cannot do.  …

Unless you're "the Amazing Kreskin" – but then only until "the Amazing" (as I remember his being billed) James Randi comes along and debunks your mental "powers".   Dielaughing

Oh, where is Randi when we need him so? Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.