Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

RE: metformin
My late uncle died from complications of diabetes at 62. He didn't seem treatment until lots of damage was done.
06-19-2015 11:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: metformin
(06-19-2015 11:44 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote:  My late uncle died from complications of diabetes at 62. He didn't seem treatment until lots of damage was done.

Sometimes people don't know they are diabetic. Blood work can show normal glucose levels but if an A1C isn't done, then everyone thinks all is well. Vitamin D deficiency contributes to diabetes but do you think a doctor will tell you that? Nope. If they check vitamin D and it is low, they tell you to take vitamin d (which insurance won't pay for vitamin d3 which is what needs to be taken....can't figure out why insurance is not willing to pay for preventative but is willing to pay for the critical care needed when amputations or other serious issues occur from having diabetes) and check your blood once again and if it is normal or close to normal, no more vitamin d and they don't follow up with checking it every 3 or 6 months and it is patients that suffer. Just goes to show that we have to be proactive in our own medical care even if we p*** people off in the process. After all, we are the one that suffers the consequences.

So sorry for your loss.
06-19-2015 12:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply